Episode 20: Grin to Win!

Mew and her friends continue their journey to the Azalea. The trail is hot, and the sun is shining bright, Mew and her friends are hot and sweaty.

"I'm dying of thirst," Mew says.

"Me too. I don't think I can walk another step," Tomo says.

Misty checks the canteen and says, "The canteen's dry as a bone. There's not even a drop left for Togepi or Pichu."

"And Amaura doesn't do well in hot heat like this," Jen says.

And she's right, Amamura is sweating and looking sick.

Mew turns to Brock, "How far is it to the next town, Brock?

"Well, according to this, we're not far from a place called Bloomingvale."

"How far's not far?" Mew asks.

Suddenly, Mew spots a water pipe running along the side of the path, and it has a leak.

"Water!" Mew says, surprised.

"Is that real, or is it a mirage?" Misty asks.

"I think it's real," Jen says.

Suddenly, a nice young, green haired woman steps in and uses a large wrench to tighten the pipe. She is also wearing a blue blouse, orange skirt, a light yellow apron, and a sun hat. She begins to seal the water as it pumps out water.

Mew walks over and asks, "Excuse me, Miss. Is it okay if we take a drink from that pipe?"

"Sure, it's okay with me," The young lady says with a smile.

Brock blushes and says, "Oh kind miss, I can't begin to express my gratitude! But, perhaps, if I had your e-mail address or beeper number, we could arrange to meet sometime and..."

And Misty grabs him by the ear and drags him away, as usual, "She's not going to give you water if she thinks you're all wet!"

Soon, the young lady helps Mew and her friends fill their canteens with water and help give their Pokemon something to drink. To help Amaura keep cool. Mew calls out Glaceon, and Misty calls out Snover to help.

"This is super nice of you, my name is Misty," Misty says.

"No problem, my name's Sonrisa. Nice to meet you," The young lady says.

"I'm Mew," Mew says.

"And I'm Tomo," Tomo says.

"Jen is my name," Jen says.

Sonrisa sets the pipe back into its place and prepares to use the wrench to tighten it.

"That should do it," Sonrisa says.

But Brock takes the wrench, "Hold it there, Sonrisa! I can't allow those dainty digits of yours to become calloused! Allow me to perform this rough, physical task for you!"

Brock begins to tighten the pipe, but it springs a leak and sprays water in Brock's face.

Brock laughs, "I usually have a very dry sense of humor, but not today!"

"You're very funny, Brock," Sonrisa says.

Misty sighs in reply.

Soon, Sonrise begins to show Mew and her friends around Bloomingvale.

"Bloomingvale seems really nice," Mew says.

"I love it. The sun shines almost every single day. The weather's perfect for raising my favorite Pokemon," Sonrisa says.

Soon, Sonrisa leads the group to her place.

"Well, here we are," Sonrisa says.

"Pretty place you've got here," Brock says.