Episode 150: Fangs for Nothin'

Mew and her friends are close to Blackthorn City, when they discover a rare Dratini, which Mew's Dratini quickly becomes friends with, as well as a fierce Gyarados that was its protector. Soon after, they met Clair, the Blackthorn City gym leader who had previously trained with her cousin Lance of the Pokemon G-Men. When Mew challenged Clair to a gym battle, she agreed, but said that first, she must perform an age-old Blackthorn purification ritual. Now, with its completion behind her, the battle's eighth and final badges can finally begin.

Now in the Blackthorn City Gym, Mew is at the battlefield as well as Clair on the other side, and about to start their gym battle.

Kaburagi announces, "The Blackthorn gym battle between Mew of Pallet Town and gym leader Clair will now begin! When all of one trainer's Pokemon are unable to continue, the match is over. Each trainer will be allowed the maximum usage of three Pokemon, but during the course of battle, only the challenger will be able to substitute one Pokemon for another!"

"Here we go. We waited a long time for this, so let's make it a great one," Mew says.

"Pika!/Eevee!" (We will!) Pikachu and Eevee agree.

"Battling a dragon trainer won't be easy. Wouldn't you know that her battle for the eighth badge would also turn out to be her most difficult one?" Brock says.

"I hope that Mew will be alright," Misty says.

"I know Mew will think of something," Tomo says.

"I agree. Mew didn't get those other seven badges for nothing, you know. I'm sure she'll do just fine," Brock says.

Kaburagi announces, "Let the match begin!

"Ready or not, here I come!" Clair says and calls out her first Pokemon, "Kingdra, go!"

And soon, Kingdra enters the field.

"A Kingdra, huh. A Kingdra is a Water and a Dragon Type," Mew says to herself.

Then brings out her Pokeball, "And I know just the Pokemon to use. Mew then calls out, "Go Fraxure!"

And soon, Fraxure comes out.

"So you're starting with Fraxure. Interesting choice," Clair says, "Let's just see how you'll handle yourself."

"Alright Fraxure, let's start with a Dragon Tail!" Mew calls out.

And with that, Fraxure jumps, performs the attack, and strikes at Kingdra with full force.

"Alright!" Mew cheers.

"Yeah! That was a direct hit!" Misty cheers.

However, Kingdra is able to push back the attack, much to Mew and Fraxure's shock. And yet, Kingdra still had some damage.

"It looks like Fraxure's attack didn't so much," Misty says.

"I know, but it still gave Kingra some damage," Brock says.

Molly then asks, "I wonder why Mew decided to use Fraxure."

"I'm not sure," Jen says.

Clair then calls out, "Now, Kingdra, Twister!"

Kingdra proceeds to create a water cyclone.

"Fraxure, look out! Dodge it!" Mew calls out.

Fraxure runs from the attack but the water cyclone follows him.

"What kind of Twister attack is that?" Tomo asks.

"That water cyclone is following Mew's every move!" Misty says.

"That's the way to do it, Kingdra. Keep up the good work," Clair says.

"Clair's Kingdra seems to be able to control the direction that the cyclone is going!" Brock says.