Episode 35: Tunnel Vision!

One evening, Mew and her friends continue their journey through the Johto League. Their destination is Goldenrod City. However, they discover an imposing obstacle lies ahead."

"The map says we can take the Onix Tunnel right through this mountain," Brock says.

"Why's it called the Onix Tunnel?" Tomo asks.

"Yeah, how come?" Tomo asks.

"It's a cave where a lot of Onix are supposed to live," Brock says.

Misty grows concerned, "A cave full of Onix doesn't sound too safe to me."
"Don't worry Misty, as long as we don't bother the Onix they'll be fine. And we got Water Type Pokemon, so they can help in case one does attack," Misty says.

"Especially Misty," Jen says.

"You're right," Misty says, "I've got plenty of other water Pokémon who can do the job."

Then Brock says, "It's getting too dark to go in there anyway. Maybe we better save the tunnel for tomorrow."

"Good idea," Mew says.

Soon, the group decide to find a place to sleep for the night and head to Onix Cave in the morning.

Early the next morning, the tired Team Rocket approaches the entrance to the Onix Cave.

Meowth yawns, "I don't see why we gotta tackle this tunnel foist ting in da mornin."

"I don't like the idea anymore than you do, Meowth, but it's the shortest way to get to the next town," James says.

And Jessie says, "If we don't use the Onix Tunnel, who knows how long it would take us to get over that mountain."

"We might be over da hill by the time we were over da hill!" Meowth say.

Soon, the group enters the cave and begins to walk through the tunnel inside.

"All of a sudden I feel a little weird, James," Jessie says as she hugs herself.

She looks around to see the tunnel is dark, cold, and damp.

I always feel a little weird," James says with a deadpan expression.

"It sure is quiet in here," Meowth says.

Suddenly, they hear a noise deeper in the cave.

Jessie worriedly asks, "What do you think that sound was?"

"Scary!" James says, frightened.

Soon, several Onix appear, causing the three to jump back in fright.

Jessie panics, "They're Onix!"

"And they're cranky!" James says in fright.

Meowth cries out, "We gotta do something!"

James then brings out his Pokeball, "Alright, just leave this to me! Go, Victreebel!"

Victreebel comes out.

Then James commands, "Go and stop those Onix!"

But Victreebel bites on James' head.

James cries out, "Get the Onix, not me!" Victreebel lets go, and James says, "Use your Razor Leaf attack!"

Victreebel fires Razor Leaf, but it bounces off of Onix's stoic. Soon, the Onix bangs their heads against the wall. That causes the rocks to fall from the roof.

James cries out, "Onix is using Rock Throw!"

"We gotta do something!" Meowth cries out.

Jessie brings out her Pokeball, "I can handle this one! I choose, Arbok!"