Episode 146: One Tricky Phony!

As they continue to make their way to Blackthorn City, Mew and her friends have done some training among themselves, along with meeting other trainers to battle with. Today, Mew is battling against a female trainer along with her Smoochum. Mew has Pikachu in the battle.

"I think this will be a great way for me to warm up for the Blackthorn Gym," Mew says.

"Pika!" (Me, too!) Pikachu says

"Mew is really psyched up," Misty says.

Brock has love in his eyes, "When it comes to meeting that trainer, I'm psyched up, too!"

The female trainer says, "Nothing makes my day like a brand new chance to beat another opponent! Now, let's battle!"

"Smooch!" (Yeah!) The Smoochum agrees.

The trainer calls out, "Josephine, use Sweet Kiss!"

Josephine the Smoochum charges in, giving out kisses.

"Dodge it, Pikachu!" Mew calls out.

Pikachu frantically does so and leaps over Josephine.

"Josephine, use Sweet Kiss once more!" The trainer calls out.

Josephine circles back around.

"Stay put and make it come close to you!" Mew calls out.

Pikachu, though baffled, does so until Josephine is in just the right range.

Then Mew calls out, "Agility, now!"

Pikachu leaps upward with incredible speed and Josephine kisses the dirt before looking around for Pikachu.

"Now, Pikachu, Quick Attack, go!" Mew calls out.

Pikachu comes down and nails Josephine from behind.

The trainer calls out, "Josephine!"

"Okay, Pikachu, Thunderbolt, now!" Mew calls out.

But just before Pikachu can unleash the attack...

"Stop it!" smoochun's trainer calls out.

Everyone is baffled by the sudden surrender.

"That was really a beautiful battle, but I think we've had enough," The trainer says.

"Talk about beautiful!" Brock happily says.

"Well, that was short and sweet," Misty says.

The trainer kneels down to her Pokemon, "Take a nice, long rest," and calls her back to the Pokeball.

"I guess that's it," Mew says.

"Pikachu," (Guess so.) Pikachu says.

"Such an intense battle tires me out," The trainer says.

"I suppose," Mew says. "I was hoping to continue battling for the Blackthorn Gym."

Hearing that, the trainer says, "Hey, if you still want to battle someone, why don't you guys go on over to the Battle Park?"

"What's the Battle Park?" Mew asks.

"We've never heard of it," Jen says.

"Me neither," Molly says.

"Oh, it's great!" The trainer says, "It's a park where lots of trainers take their Pokemon and battle. It's run by a staff of professional trainers, and you wouldn't believe how well those Pokémon have been taught to follow their trainer's commands. And the best part is, the Battle Park has almost every Pokémon there is."

"Wow. I'd really love to see it," Misty says.

"Pika!" (Me, too!) Sparkle agrees.

Mew turns to the others, "Maybe we can all go."