Episode 16: Fighting Flyer with Fire

After a long trip, Mew and her friends have finally arrived at the Violet City Gym, which is a tall purple, spiral-like building. Either way, Mew is officially ready to begin her first gym battle.

"It's pretty impressive," Brock says

"It's even better than I thought it'd be!" Jen says.

"It looks awesome!" Tomo says.

Misty says, "I can't wait to see the inside!

"I can't wait to see the gym leader so we can have our battle! And win my first Johto League badge" Mew says.

Pikachu and Eevee happily agree.

Then turns to her friends, "Come on, let's go inside and get started."

Suddenly, someone shouts, "Not so fast, young man!"

Everyone turns around to see Team Rocket in another one of their disguises.

Jessie says, "We heard what you just said, but before you challenge the Violet Gym leader to a match, we have a few questions for you."

"All challengers are required to participate in our little survey," James says.

"What kind of survey?" Mew says, confused.

Then Misty asks, "And excuse me, but are you connected with the Gym in any way?"

"Don't we look like we're connected with the Gym?" James questions.

"You look like ushers at the cineplex," Brock says.

But Jessie says, "We're not ushers! We're with the Pokémon Bureau!"

"I've never heard of the Pokémon Bureau," Mew says.

"Me neither," Jen says.

"I have a bureau back in my bedroom," Misty says.

But Jessie says, "IT'S NOT THAT KIND OF BUREAU! It's the governing agency in charge of inspecting all challengers' Pokémon!"

"We have to be sure they meet all Violet City Gym standards!" James says.

Misty turns to Brock and says with a confused look, "I never heard of this, did you?

"No! But it sounds pretty official," Brock says.

"We'll start," Jessie says, and picks up Pikachu, "with this one!"

"And don't forget this Eevee," James says, and picks Eevee up.

They observe the two Pokemon.

Jessie says, "Too bad. Another grade B Pikachu and Eevee."

"It's buggy, bleary-eyed and blubbery! And the other is too fluffy, sparkly eyed, and energetic," James says.

Then Jessie says, "It's a good thing we caught this Pikachu and Eevee before something terrible happened."

"Sorry, but we'll have to confiscate these!" James says.

And Jessie and James dash off, "Bye!"

"Wait a second!" Mew calls out

Jessie and James continue running

"Gotta run!" Jessie says.

Then James says, "Our ride's waiting!"

They soon run past the building, and soon the hot air balloon begins to carry the group away, with Pikachu and Eevee trapped. Seeing the balloon, Mew and the others realize who they are.

"IT'S THEM!" Mew exclaims.

Jessie:

Prepare for trouble! It's too late for you!