Episode 45: The Fortune Hunters

Today, Mew and her friends find a Pokemon Center to take a break, when they hear small kids talking about something interesting, while gathering around a book.

One little girl says, "It says that I'm a Bulbasaur type, and this Pokémon fortune telling book is almost always right."

Misty walks over to the kids and asks, "Hey, what's Pokémon fortune telling?"

The first girl gasps in surprise, "I thought everybody knew about the Pokémon fortune telling book."

"Huh?" Misty says, confused.

"It's easy. You look up your birthday and it says what Pokémon type you are," The second little girl says.

Then the third little girl says, "It says that I'm a Squirtle type.

Soon, Misty begins to take interest, "That sounds like fun. Can I take a look?"

But the first little girl says, "I'm sorry, but I'm not supposed to give it to anybody."

"If you want to get one, the nice old man and lady sell them over at the brand new daycare center," The second little girl says.

"The daycare center?" Misty replies, and smiles, "Hmm."

Mew and her friends soon arrive at the daycare center, where it's owned by an elderly couple.

The old woman hands Misty the book, "Here it is. Just look up your birthday and it'll show you what kind of Pokemon type you are and it'll tell you your Pokémon fortune."

"It's really very simple. The book might say you're a Nidoqueen type; if you're a Nidoqueen type and you have a Nidoqueen, you'll also have good luck," The old man says.

"Well..." Misty replies.

And then a little boy walks over, "The book says I'm a Seadra type personality. So I should get a Seadra if I want to have good luck, right?"

"Yes. That's how it works," The old woman says.

"I wonder how I'm gonna find somebody who wants to trade their Seadra for my Golbat," The little boy says, and holds out his pokeball.

"One of our customers might love to have a Golbat," The old woman says.

Then the old man says. "We'll keep it here in case someone with a Seadra wants to swap."

"Thanks a lot!" The boy says and gives the old man his Pokeball.

The old man takes it and says, "All right."

Then the little boy leaves.

"You see, we help trainers exchange their Pokémon, too," The old woman says.

"Oh," Misty replies.

Then Brock asks, "Excuse me, does the book mention anything about love and romance?"

"Absolutely! "The old woman says.

This makes Brock excited, "Get it! Get it, guys! Get it!"

Sometime later, at the park, the gang decide to check out the new Fortune Telling Book.

"So then, who wants to get their fortune told first?" Misty asks.

Tomo then answers, "Can I go first?"

"Sure. Just have to look up your birthday," Misty says.

Misty looks up the book and says, "Hmm, it says that you're a Bellsprout."

"I'm a Bellsprout?" Tomo questions.

Even Skwovet and Meloetta are confused, "A Bellsprout.

Misty reads, "People who have a Bellsprout type personality are very passive and are easily swayed by the opinions of others."