Episode 143: Will the Real Oak Please Stand Up?

Mew and her friends continue their journey to the Johto League, and they stop in a small town and decide to treat themselves to a little gourmet dining. Mew and her friends are at a fast food restaurant, having some lunch.

"Hmm, the food tastes really good," Tomo says.

And the fires are yummy," Molly says.

Soon, some music plays over the radio before a familiar voice is heard.

A familiar radio host, "Hey, kids, get ready for Professor Oak's radio show!"

And soon hears Professor Oak's voice, "Hello, boys and girls! Been catching lots of Pokemon?"

"Professor Oak's show," Mew says.

"And DJ Mary, too!" Brock happily says.

Professor Oak's voice continues on the radio, "So it is possible that Starmie's blinking crystal is somehow being used to communicate with beings from outer space."

"You know, it does seem like Starmie are from some other world," Mew says.

"Wow. Do you think so?" Misty asks.

DJ Mary says, "Now it's time for the Professor's Poetry Pantry. Do you have a Starmie poem for us today, Professor?"

Then Professor Oak says, "I sure do, Mary. Put your fighting faith in Starmie, to make sure that you're safe from harmie."

Tomo says, "I hate to say it, but that poem..."

"It was kinda awful, huh?" Misty replies.

"I don't know about that," Brock says, "They say you have to think about them for a while to get what they're about. A Pokémon poem may seem silly, but there's always a deeper meaning in there."

"Really?" Jen asks.

"It's true. I've heard Professor Oak talk about Pokemon Poetry all the time. Even though they're always silly, there's always a deeper meaning behind their words. I may not do it as often, but I do read Pokemon poetry during my time, Mew says.

"That's impressive," Brock says.

"Thanks, but I'm still learning about it, but they have meaning and understanding of Pokemon behind it, "Mew says.

Then DJ Mary says, "Great news, kids! Check it out. Tomorrow, Professor Oak will be doing a live, outdoor recording of the show in Maroon Town, and admission is free!"

At the radio station, both the host and the guest continue.

"That's right, Mary," Professor Oak says, "And I'll follow up my lecture with a question and answer section."

"Recording starts at 1:00 PM on the Pokemon stage at the Maroon Town fairgrounds. And I'll be there, too, of course, hosting the entire affair!" DJ Mary says.

Back to the group...

"Whoa! Mary's gonna be there, too! Okay, next stop, Maroon Town," Brock happily says, and quickly looks into the guidebook.

"But how would we get there in time? She said it's tomorrow at one," Misty says.

Brock rapidly flips through his guidebook to find where Maroon Town.

"Hey! Maroon Town happens to be right on our way and it's only one town away from here!" Brock says.

"Yeah! Then let's hit the road to Maroon Town, you guys!" Mew says.

"Let's go," Jen happily says.

Meanwhile, Team Rocket wanders into a town.

"Finally, a town. I could use a rest," Jessie happily says.