Episode 149: Beauty is Skin Deep

Mew and her friends are circling around the lake to get to Blackthorn City. Mew is excited and is thinking of a strategy plan for the gym.

"Hmm, wonder which Pokemon I should use for this gym," Mew wonders.

"Well, Blackthorn City is a Dragon Type Gym, so Ice Types and Fairy Types would be a start," Brock says.

"That's true, and sometimes Dragon Types are weak to other Dragon Types," Mew says.

Suddenly, Pikachu and Eevee stop.

"Hey guys, you saw something.

"Pika Pika." (Look over there.) Pikachu says.

Everyone looks and cannot believe what they see.

"Look at that," Tomo says.

"A Dratini!" Brock says.

"It's so cute!" Misty says.

"Aww, it's adorable," Jen says.

Mew brings out her Pokedex and Dexter says, "Dratini, the Dragon Pokémon. A Dragon Type. Dratini sheds its skin as it grows, often doing so while hidden behind large, powerful waterfalls.

"It seems weird that such a rare Pokémon would be out here sleeping like that," Misty says.

"Maybe it's taking a nap," Mew says.

Soon, Dratini wakes up.

"I think it woke up," Tomo says.

Soon, Mew's Shiny Dratini comes out of the Pokeball.

"Hey Dratini, how are you doing?" Mew asks with glee.

Dratini lets out a call with glee. The blue Dratini notices Mew's purple one and slithers over. Then the two begin talking and chatting.

"That's cute. They're friends already," Molly says.

"That's sweet," Mew says, sitting on the ground. She then pets her Dratini.

Mew slowly approaches the other hand towards the other Dratini. Dratini sniffs her hand a bit before allowing pets, which it accepts. Mew smiles.

Suddenly, a Gyarados surfaces and fires a Hydro Pump. Mew quickly grabs the two Pokemon and moves out of the way.

"Gyarados!" The group cries out.

Mew stands up holding the two Dratini, "Hey, what's the big idea?!"

Then the Blue Dratini lets out squeaks and cries.

"So this Gyarados is a friend of yours?" Mew asks.

That catches everyone by surprise.

Dratini continues.

"And you two belong to someone named, Clair?" Mew asks.

"That's right," A voice says.

The group turns to see a young woman with long palish blue hair in a ponytail approaching them. Gyarados continues roaring.

The woman says, "Gyarados, that's enough!"

And settle down.

The woman approaches, "But to answer your questions, yes, that Gyarados and Dratini are mine."

"I see," Mew says.

Shortly after clearing the misunderstanding, the woman places Dratini in the water.

"I'm very sorry. Gyarados was just protecting Dratini and we certainly didn't mean you any harm," The woman says.

"That's okay," Mew says, and let her Dratini get in the water to play with the other Dratini.