Episode 65: Ariados Amigos

As Mew and her friends continue on their Pokemon Journey through Johto, they stop by a beautiful mountain lake for a lunch break. Tomo, Meloetta, Skwovet wash up with Jen, Amaura, and Molly, Pikachu and Eevee, Brock and Mew and cook some lunch. Soon, the group returns after washing up.

"That water's cool," Jen says.

"Amura," (Sure is!)

Tomo looks around, "Hey, where's Misty?"

"She went for a little walk with Togepi and Pichu," Brock answers.

Speaking of Misty, she is picking flowers with Pichu.

"Let's see," Misty says, and puts the flower she picks in her hair, "How do I look?"

Togepi and Pichu happily answer. Then Togepi walks away.

"Togepi, we have to get back soon," Misty says.

And soon, Togepi trips.

"Togepi!" Misty rushes over, "Did you hurt yourself?"

Misty and Pichu then spot what Togepi sees and worries about her.

"I have a feeling that there's something in that bush," Misty says, worried and frightened by the unknown.

Soon, she lets out a scream, catching everyone's attention.

"Was that Misty?" Mew asks.

"I think so," Brock says.

Everyone rushes over to Misty.

"Misty! What's the matter?!" Tomo asks

"What's wrong, Misty?" Jen asks.

"Something's, in there," Misty nervously says, and looks at the bush.

The group walks over to investigate.

"I only see flowers," Molly says.

"There are leaves and stems, too," Tomo says.

But Misty says, "Not those! I'm talking about underneath."

"Underneath?/Pika?/ Eevee?" (Underneath?) Mew and her Pokemon reply.

They soon part the bushes to reveal a rather large Bug Pokemon. Seeing the sight of the bug shocked everyone to see the size of it. But they all soon calm down.

Having a closer look, they see that it's a Pokemon. A red arachnid Pokémon that resembles a spider. It has purple eyes, a pair of white mandibles, and a white horn on its forehead. Around its abdomen are two black stripes and there are two black spots and a yellow spinneret on its rear. The spots and spinneret together form a pattern similar to a face. It has four yellow legs with two purple bands each; on its back are yellow structures similar to its legs with a single purple stripe each. Its feet are tipped with tiny hooks that allow it to climb ceilings and vertical walls.

"Hey, it's an Ariados," Mew says.

"It's pretty big," Tomo says.

"You're right. It's big enough for Togepi and Pichu to ride on."

Mew takes out her Pokedex, "Let's see what Dexter knows.

Dexter says, "Ariados, the Long Leg Pokémon. The evolved form of Spinarak. A Bug and Poison Type. Ariados is able to spin extremely strong sticky webs to trap its adversaries."

"My Spinarak will evolve into that?" Misty questions.

"Pretty much," Mew says.

And adds, "I bet those webs could really come in handy,"