Episode 52: Fossil Fools

This adventure begins when Mew and her friends are walking up the wall to see something amazing.

"It's huge!" Mew says.

They soon find themselves in front of a large canyon that is full of ancient ruins. This place is known as the Ruins of Alph, an important archaeological site where fossils of many prehistoric Pokémon have been discovered. As they walks through the canyon, they notices a fossil formation

"Those look like the bones of an Aerodactyl," Mew says.

Then Professor Oak, walks up from behind and says, "That's exactly what they're from, Ash."

"Hi, Professor Oak," The group says.

"You can always tell an Aerodactyl fossil because the tail looks like an arrow," Professor Oak says.

"That's pretty easy to remember," Tomo says.

"Kind of reminds me of Mew's Aerodactyl," Misty says.

Moments later, the group continues to head through the site with Professor Oak.

"I hope I didn't make you come too far out of your way," Professor Oak says.

But Mew says, "We would've walked twenty miles to see this place."

"The message you left us at the Pokemon Center said you wanted to show us something here," Brock says.

"That's right. He was very mysterious about it on the phone, but an old student of mine just made an incredible discovery and invited me to see it," Professor Oak says.

Soon, Mew and her friends meet Professor Oak's former student. Soon, the two shake hands.

"Professor! I'm so glad to see you again!" The student says.

"It's been a long time, Foster. You're looking well," Professor Oak says.

Then introduces the others to him, "These are my friends. Everyone, say hello to Foster, he was one of my top students at Celadon University."

"Nice to meet you," Everyone replies.

"This is a surprise. I thought you'd come alone," Foster says, sounding surprised.

"Well, I knew the youngsters would get a kick out of seeing what you've dug up," Professor Oak says.

Foster then takes Professor Oak's by the arm, "May I have a word with you?"

Once he's a distance away, Foster says to Professor Oak, softly, "This discovery I've made is extremely important to science and it could be very newsworthy, if a word about it leaked out there'd be cameras and reporters everywhere."

"I understand, but these kids are serious Pokémon trainers and I'm sure they won't say a word until you make it public," Professor Oak says.

The group sparkles in excitement.

"We won't tell anyone about it! Honest! Mew says

"Yeah! Please let us see it," Misty says.

"Pretty please!" Brock begs.

Tomo, Jen and Molly say, "Please!"

"Well, if the Professor says it's okay, I suppose it is," Foster says.

Mew says in excitement, "I can't wait to see what it is."

"Me too," Tomo says.

Jen soon looks to see an archaeologist working on something.

Jen asks, "What's he doing?"

"He's removing the dirt from a fossil fragment we just found. The water jet removes dirt and other deposits that are too small for a brush to get without damaging the specimen," Foster answers.