Episode 160: The Legend of Thunder Part 1

One day, a Pokemon battle is taking place.

One trainer says, "Let's only use one Pokémon."

"That's fine with me! When I battle, I like to go one on one, all or nothing!" Another trainer says.

This trainer has dark purple hair, wears a black and yellow cap. He also wears a red and white jacket, and matching black and yellow shorts, and black, yellow, and white shoes.

The trainer with the blue shirt says, "That's what you say now. But, you know, I don't think you're going to feel that way for long.

"And why is that?" the other trainer asks.

"Because you've never met, Hitmonlee!" The boy says and calls out Hitmonlee.

Hitmonlee soon makes the scene.

"We've never lost a solo match," the Hitmonlee trainer says.

Then the other trainer says, "Well, you know what, then? We'll just have to do our best! Right, Typhlosion?!"

And his Typhlosion comes out of the Pokeball.

Typhlosion is a bulky mammalian Pokémon with a long, yet agile body. Most of its body is cream-colored, but its back and the top of its head are a dark green-blue. It has a short, rounded snout and small, triangular eyes and ears. When its mouth is open, its sharp canine teeth and thick tongue are visible. Each of its paws has five digits and there is a coarse, spiky fringe of fur along its rear. Across the back of its neck, several red spots can produce fire.

"That's the spirit, buddy!" the Typhlosion trainer says.

His Pokemon lets out a roar.

Typhlosion trainer asks, "Ready?"

"Any time," Hitmonlee's trainer answers.

Then calls out the first attack, "Jump Kick, Hitmonlee!"

Hitmonlee throws the first attack.

"We like to put our best foot forward," Hitmonlee's Trainer says.

"That's good," Typhlosion's trainer says, Then says, "Typhlosion, block!"

Typhlosion grabs Hitmonlee's leg.

Hitmonlee's trainer then calls out the next attack, "Hitmonlee, don't hesitate! Rolling Kick!"

Hitmonlee throws the attack with the other leg, hitting Typhlosion.

"Yeah! Way to go!" Hitmonlee's trainer says.

Typhlosion suddenly gets serious.

Hitmonlee's trainer is shocked, "What? How can it still be standing?"

"Well, you see, the thing is, we've only won half our solo matches. But we've picked up a thing or two along the way," Typhlosion's trainer says.

Then Hitmonlee's trainer says, "Well, see if you can pick up this! Hitmonlee, Mega Kick, go!"

Hitmonlee then throws the attack.

But then Typhlosion's trainer says, "Typhlosion, Flamethrower!"

Typhlosion's trainer then launches the attack and hits Hitmonlee, hard, before it comes back down in defeat.

Hitmonlee's trainer cries out, "No! Hitmonlee!"

"You rock, you rule!" Typhlosion's trainer cheers, giving his Pokemon a thumbs up.

Typhlosion roars, "Raaaa kaaaaa!" (Oh, yeah!)

Both trainer and Pokémon celebrate.

Typhlosion's trainer calls out, "Oh, yeah! High paw!"