103

"Hey uncle."

It was a little awkward between them. His uncle didn't know what to say because he never thought he would see his nephew ever again, hell, he even thought he was dead already.

"S-Seonghwa?" He asked in disbelief and the taller male nodded with a small but sad smile. The man didn't say anything else and pulled Seonghwa into a bone crushing hug.

He was in shock at first but returned the hug a moment later. The old and familiar smell of his uncle and aunt flew into his nose and soon he got emotional. He remembered all those happy days he was able to spend with them.

The two males separated from each other but Seonghwa's uncle kept his hands in Seonghwa's. "Oh look at you! Such a young and handsome man you became. Come in." He said and stood aside so Seonghwa could go through the door.

The door flew shut and Seonghwa removed his jacket along with his shoes and then followed his uncle into the living room since he asked him to do so.

Seonghwa sat down on the couch. "Do you want anything to drink?" Seonghwa nodded. "A water would be good." He said and his uncle left to go into the kitchen.

As soon as he disappeared Seonghwa inspected the living room. Everything was still the same as it used to be. The old couch, the old chair in the corner, the old carpet and the old lamps that hung down from the ceiling. The smell was also the same. He felt like he was connected to his family again.

His uncle soon came back and handed him the water before sitting down beside him. "Thank you uncle Baekhyun." He smiled and took a sip from the glass. "I've never expected you to come over ever again." Baekhyun laughed and Seonghwa also chuckled and placed the glass with water on the couch table in front of them.

"I actually never thought about visiting you until now. Ever since my parents died I really didn't want to have connections to anyone of my family. Well, that was until I met my fiancé." He laughed at the thought of Hongjoong. His uncle nodded and smiled lovingly at his nephew. "Your fiancé? So you're engaged?" Seonghwa nodded. "Yeah. That's also one of two reasons why I came here. I wanted to invite you and auntie to my wedding and my engagement party." The older man looked excited and happy at the same time.

"We would love too! I think auntie Haneul would be also excited." Seonghwa needed to smile. His aunt was a very lively human being and always enjoyed the smallest things in life. "I'm glad. But there is another reason why I came here. I wanted to apologize for the things I did in the past. I know you were the only family members left that I knew and you reminded me so much of my parents, I couldn't bring myself to pay you a visit. And I'm really really sorry." Baekhyun waved with his hand and smiled.

"That's okay. I promise. You were overwhelmed and sad because of the loss of your beloved parents and I totally understand that." He said and placed a hand on his shoulder. Seonghwa placed his hand over his uncles one and smiled at him. "Thank you. Really." Baekhyun just nodded.

"About your wedding; who is the lucky person to capture Park Seonghwa's heart?" He asked and wiggled with his eyebrows, making Seonghwa slightly laugh. "A beautiful young man. His name is Hongjoong and I think you know who it is." Baekhyun nodded understandingly. Even his uncle knew from his obsession with Hongjoong, it was kind of funny. "I proposed to him a few months ago. Usually we would have get married much sooner but because of our baby-" Seonghwa got cut off. "Your baby?!" Baekhyun asked with wide eyes.

Seonghwa laughed a second time. "Yes. He just gave birth to our babyboy three weeks ago. We wanted to wait until he's at least 6 months old so that we can leave him with Wooyoung and San when Hongjoong and me want a bit alone time after our wedding." Baekhyun didn't question the part where Seonghwa told him about Hongjoong giving birth to his child.

When Seonghwa was a bit younger, he always told his uncle about Hongjoong. The topic was always Hongjoong but the beautiful uncle Baekhyun was, didn't question anything and listend carefully to him.

"Congratulation on being a father by the way." He said and reached out a hand towards Seonghwa, who gladly grabbed it. "Thank you. Both mean really much to me and I can't wait to introduce you to them." He smiled sweetly.

Suddenly, a loud gasp was heard from the doorframe. Both males turned around to see Seonghwa's aunt standing there. The shopping bags now laid on the floor and the shocked woman had her hands placed over her mouth.

"Hello auntie." Seonghwa smiled and stood up to walk over to her. She opened her arms and quickly wrapped them around Seonghwa's shoulders as soon as his arms were wrapped around her waist.

"Seonghwa honey." She cried into his shoulder while Seonghwa gently caressed her back. When they separated, his aunt looked at him with red, puffy eyes. "You grew so much." Haneul said and Seonghwa chuckled. "Uncle Baekhyun already said that." His aunt was laughing by now and so was he.

Both sat down again on the couch beside Baekhyun. "It feels like a wonder that you decided to show up Seonghwa." Seonghwa could just nod and agree.
He then went on why he was there. His aunt listened carefully and took in every word he said while her eyes got teary again.

"I'm really sorry for what I did auntie." He ended. His aunt shook her head and hugged him tight once more.
"It's okay honey. And I'd love to attend your wedding." Seonghwa smiled. He was happy that his aunt and uncle accepted his apology.

"When is the engagement party? And what should we bring?" She asked. "In three days at my company. Hongjoong doesn't know yet, I wanna surprise him." He smiled and made the pair coo at him. "You're so sweet. I'm going to bring you lots of presents and for the little man of course some too." She said and Seonghwa smiled at her. "Thank you auntie."