Chapter 96 Temples and Wildfires

Stars drove westward for more than an hour until the RV’s fuel tank approached the red line and sounded an alarm, so they stopped to rest.

Lou Jingce jumped out of the car, holding a large oil barrel in his hand. The full barrel had just been taken out from the space. He looked around while refueling.

The terrain here is not flatter than before, and the gradual upward trend is obviously climbing. Not far ahead lies a towering mountain.

Lou Jingce had never been here before, but he had heard a little bit about this mountain - Shangguan Mountain.

What makes this mountain famous is not that it is so tall and steep, nor that it has any novel landscaping. When it comes to heights, it's just average. There are no strange pines, rocks, seas of clouds, and the scenery can't be said to be as beautiful as clouds.

Shangguan Mountain is famous all because of a temple halfway up the mountain - Shangguan Temple. It is said to be very efficacious, and there is an endless stream of pilgrims.

But at this time of the end, no matter how devout a believer is, he probably won’t think that he can survive these difficult days relying on Buddha.

There should be no one on Shangguan Mountain who is right.

Lou Jingce looked at the mountain from a distance. The temple that was originally looming in the woods was now covered with lush vegetation, tall trees and deep forests, and no trace of it could be seen.

Nature cannot be seen. Trees will grow taller, but temples will not.

Lou Jingce weighed it, shook it, and poured the rest of the oil barrel into the tank.

The smell of gasoline is a bit too strong.

Just as he was putting away the bucket, climbing on the pedals, and pulling the door handle to get into the car, his eyes glanced inadvertently.

Suddenly, there was a pause.

He seemed to hear someone singing in the wind, and the small black dot swaying in his sight should be a figure walking as fast as flying on the mountain road.

Lou Jingce stared at the small figure, his expression gradually becoming strange.

How could he go down from the mountain to fetch water when he saw someone carrying a pole and bucket in the last days?

The scene in front of him seemed to match the content of the nursery rhyme "One, Two, Three, Three Monks and Drinking Water", which made Lou Jingce look up at the sun that had not set for a long time.

Yes, the sun no longer rises in the east and sets in the west. In the apocalypse, there will still be monks coming down from the mountain temples to fetch water, which is not too weird.

That’s weird!

Lou Jingce told the news to other people in the car, and everyone was surprised.

"You're crazy." Yin Shenghan immediately opened the blinds and looked up the mountain.

"My ears must be ringing and I didn't hear clearly. Brother Lou, what did you just say?" Zuo Dihua dug his ears and couldn't believe what he just heard.

Lou Jingce repeated it to him again.

Zuo Dihua held his head and screamed, then started to think wildly.

"Is it possible that he is some kind of reclusive boss? The kind who has become an immortal and has jumped out of the world. He doesn't care about the end of the world at all?"

"Or is it now the end of the world that the Buddha has gained strength and started to provide protection to believers?"

Zuo Tanghua is not as good as him. The younger brother was so excited that he just made the most likely guess based on the current situation.