In the 1800's

An:// this is going to contain, strong language and things that are in this might offend you, but remember this imagine is placed back in the day. Also, will contain some harsh content.

**Please, Don't be offended**

----------

"Thoses who deny freedom to others, do not deserve it for themselves. - Abraham Lincoln."

You never lived a hard life... Until everything that you wanted to do, and achieve in life is tooken from you. Your life is gone, your freedom is gone. Yourself... Is gone. You are not you when you come on of us now, you are a treated like a piece of meat, an animal. Owned by a white man, that you now have to call your master. You do as he saids no questioned asked, I mean that is of course unless you want to get punished.

They treat us as so it's because we're a different skin color then them, so we should be treated differently and we're not equal, don't have the same right as what they say, white folks do.

But no, we're not aloud to speak up, speak our mind. Oh no, we're not. We were taught to speak unless spoke to... The thought' is we have a voice but sadly never get the chance to use it. Why do we need to explain ourselves to humanity to let people understand what we are, we are humans. We are the same, no matter what skin color you are.

But then again, if nobody gon'  listen. Why speak it.

"Rise and shine negros! Get up and get goin' to work!" Master clapped his hands together slamming the shed door open.

----

I looked down from my bowl of work that I have thou' to be done, before picking it up placing in on masters porch.

While he took a glance at it, I felt a pair of eyes burning into me. I looked over and seen Masters eldest son Justin, he smiled before master grabbed my face roughly making my eyes poke outta ma head.

"Whatchu staring at, I hope it anit' my boy." He gritted through his teeth. I quickly nodded no.

"Father, I ought to ask her a question." Justin spoke quickly, He glanced at the boy before harshly removing his hand. "Son, you do not speak to these niggers, you' here me."

"But father-"

"So, help me god, Get your ass Inside boy, had enough of you talking that rubbish." I picked up the now empty basked turning around before master harshly got ahold of my hand.

"You stay away from my boy'." He through his teeth. I got back to my place and began working

After the work shift was over we were locked back into the shed. "You an that boy goin cause a lot of trouble now." Mother Ann came into my view.

"Me and that boy are nothin' ma." I shook my head. "I saw what happen' don't tell me I don't kno'" she spat. "I just glanced at him that's all."

"And glancing is gon' get you whipped, or even worse killed. Now just stay away from the boy' he's gon cause nothing but trouble."

I nodded holding my mouth shut, "now go on, get yourself ready for bed." She patted my shoulder. I nodded before going towards my bunk getting in it.