The Little Reasons Au (Logicality)

Unedited

T.W. Overdosing.

Everyone has small reasons they're still breathing, whether it be their pet and their need for food, or a small plant which needs watering, or it could be a new relationship just blossoming, everyone has at least one small reason they're still alive. Logan had one. He wasn't sure why it was his "little reason" but it was.

Patton,

Thank you for being my little reason. I love you.

Love, Logan. <3

As he wrote the note, he felt his heart break a little more. He looked around his room, and sighed, he'd miss it. The note wasn't entirely true. He wasn't exactly staying alive for Patton, he was staying alive for the Disney marathons, and the blanket forts, or the way Patton would talk to the plans as he watered them, all of the little things. Logan couldn't list them all, there were too many. But the main one, the sole purpose for his heart still beating was the dream catcher. It had hung above his bed since he'd moved into his new apartment. It helped him more than anything. He wanted to live to see if it still worked, to see if it removed his nightmares, or his bad thoughts. Every morning he woke with a smile, and realised the dream catcher worked. His smile was short lived. His days went bad. His coworkers hated him, his boss despised him, and his family never contacted him. How can one small thing be so significant? He'd find himself wondering.

He sighed as he made his way back from the store, he held one bag, in that bag sat pills. Painkillers. He couldn't do it. The dream catcher hadn't worked. His day was too much, and the note was for his boyfriend. He hated himself. He hated it all, but he couldn't do it. He couldn't stand another shouting match between his coworkers, he couldn't bear another day of being talked down to, he couldn't handle another day of looking into his boyfriend's bright, happy eyes, when he felt so dead inside. He couldn't do any of it. He hated himself for being a coward. But it had to be done.

He looked at the note, screwed it up, and pulled out his phone. He copied the note into his phone, and sent it as a text to his boyfriend.

He opened the pills, and downed half the bottle, he moved to his bed, ignoring the constant pinging of the messages.

His eyes fluttered shut, and he'd never wake again.

-

Logan?

Logan?

Please reply.

Don't do this.

If that's what I think it is... please no.

I need you.

You help me so much.

Please?

Logan...

I love you...

I'm so sorry I wasn't there more. Please reply!

Patton called the police, and they sent the paramedics to his boyfriend's house.

They were too late. Patton cried, he couldn't help it. His sole purpose in life was gone, and he would soon shut down. He couldn't believe he hadn't seen him hurting.

Was he really that bad of a boyfriend?

His heart broke, and he cried to sleep, hoping it was a twisted nightmare. But, he woke the following morning, and he knew it was true. He was alone, and he'd never see his boyfriend again.

546 words

Someone wanted more Logan angst. Here you go. It's not much, I'll figure more out...

Hope you enjoyed
Take care
Xx