~21~ Really Hurt

Ellie's POV

Jake asked if he and Sarah could come over tonight for dinner. I'm so crazy excited. I have a feeling that they got engaged. The excitement of that is overwhelming. I can't wait to go to my brother's wedding. He's been alone most of his adult life. Sarah is the first girl who has brought him any joy.
He deserves this. I can't wait to be apart of it.

I'm busy cooking when Taylor and Liam walk in.

"Man, is it Thanksgiving?" Liam snorts, stealing a piece of chicken out of the chicken and noodles.

I chuckle "I have a feeling this is an engagement celebration" I say, doing a little happy dance.

Mason and Sasha come in then and see me dancing.

"Why are you so happy?" Sasha asks with a chuckle.

"I have a feeling Jake and Sarah got engaged and they are announcing it tonight" I say, still dancing.

"Why do you think that?" Luke asks, walking in now too.

"Jake has just had a look about him lately. The gym is finally done and he's back to work. I think he finally did it" I say, confident. I can't wait to have another sister.

I continue cooking, and a little later, Jake and Sarah get here. As soon as I see them, I know. Oh yeah, they're definitely engaged. I have to school my face though. I want them to tell me.

I give them a kiss and a hug, and smile gently at them. They are both glowing. They're totally engaged. I don't even let myself look at her hand...I really am going to have to act surprised.

"Woah! When I asked to come for dinner, I wasn't expecting Thanksgiving" Jake chuckles.

I laugh. Maybe I did go overboard. "Well, we haven't had a family meal in a long time. Plus, the way that Luke and Liam eat, we will be lucky to get anything"

"Hey!" Luke says as Liam glares at me.

"I resent that, mother. Are you making a jab about my figure? That's rude" Liam says, putting his hands on his hips.

I roll my eyes.

"Body shaming is real, mom. That was insulting" Liam says, still acting mad.

"My apologies, my beautiful boys. Eat as much as you would like" I say.

Luke and Liam grin as they both rush to get a roll.

We start putting the food on the table and everyone takes their places. I'm so glad Taylor talked me into spending an astronomical amount on a table. This table seats 15 when we have all the extra pieces attached.

We're eating and having a nice time. I'm getting antsy. Why haven't they announced yet? Maybe I was wrong. I really don't think that I am, though. There is something different about them.

Finally, Jake clears his throat. HERE IT IS!!!!

"We would like to tell you guys something" he says with a nervous smile.

We all stop talking and look at him. I'm trying to keep my face schooled. I can't be squealing like a maniac before he even tells me. Calm your jets, Ellie.

He smiles big and grabs Sarah's hand. "Sarah and I eloped last week" he says, holding up their hands.

What?

Eloped? As in married? Skipping the engaged stage and going right to married? What?!?

I just stare at them, completely shocked. Everybody looks from me to Jake, unsure of what to do. Jake starts getting uncomfortable.