~150~ If You Call, I'll Answer

Liam's POV

It's been a week, and I still haven't talked to my dad. I'm so beyond pissed at him.

He had twenty minutes to tell one of us that cops were coming for him. That there was a chance that he wouldn't actually go to prison. I know that he wasn't sure, but he still should have told us what he could. I've never been so mad at my dad before.

I'm snuggling on the couch with Nora, when my phone starts buzzing. I look at it, and it's my dad. I roll my eyes, but answer it anyways. He's still my dad.

"Hey buddy. I know you're still mad, but I'm needing your help. Anyway you can come over?"

"For what?" I ask with a major attitude.

"Please, Liam?"

"I'm in the middle of something. I'll come over in a while."

"Ok. Thanks Champ," he says sadly as he hangs up.

"You're in the middle of nothing," Nora says, rolling her eyes.

"He doesn't need to know that."

An hour later, I finally go over. Selfish you say? Possibly. So is not telling anyone that the cops are coming for you.

I go in, and dad is at the table, drinking a beer. He has dark circles under his eyes. He's upset and he doesn't look like he's been sleeping well at all.

"Thanks for coming," he says, standing up and coming over to me. I can tell he's going in for a hug.

"Don't even think about it," I snap.

He sighs, and just nods silently.

"What did you need?" I ask impatiently.

"Help with Colton."

"What?"

Dad sighs. "He's in trouble, and he needs punished. He won't even look at me right now. I can't bring myself to spank him. I asked Taylor and your mom to do it your whole childhood. Can't bring myself to ask them. Wes does it bare, so that's out of the question. I could ask Mason or Jake, but I'd rather you do it. Please?"

"You haven't talked to me in a week. You finally do, and it's only because you want me to spank my brother?"

"Don't. That's not fair. I've tried calling you three times, and this was the first time you've answered the phone. I've been trying to give you space."

I just glare at dad. "What did he do?" I finally ask.

"Another fight. He tore a kid up in school pretty bad. He got suspended, and he's been mouthing off to your mom for two days. I can't bring myself to punish him."

"So your back to your old ways, huh?"

"Liam, stop."

"You seriously think you're going to tell me to stop? I should have taken a video of your wife, dad. She was lifeless. She had her head in Taylor's lap for over seven hours. You really want to tell me to stop?"

Dad's eyes fill with tears. "I'm not back to my old ways. I'm just trying to give everyone some space."

"So, now I need to spank my brother? Thanks dad," I say as I go upstairs.

I get to Colton's room and he's laying on the bed. I go over and lay down next to him, closing my eyes for a second.

"Dad said he was going to ask you to spank me," he says quietly.

"He did," I say, still not opening my eyes.

"Are you?"

"Looks like it."