~52~ Looking Forward To Lunch

Ellie's POV

Today is the first day of school. We had a good summer. A great one. However, I'm ready to go back to work. I just love working. I love being with my family, but I can't wait to see my friends.

Mason isn't excited about it. He loved being home with his family this summer. Sasha has her first class at 9, so she's trying to get herself ready. She's taking Drew over to Lilah's today.

As she is about to go out the door, Mason takes Drew from her and hugs him tight.

"Be good, big guy. Daddy is going to miss you" he says sadly as he kisses his cheek.

"I'm going to miss you too. Have a good day" he says, kissing Sasha softly.

Dylan and Josie come down the stairs, and Josie looks nervous.

"You ok, girly?" I ask her.

She shakes her head. "I don't want to go" she says quietly.

"I get to be your teacher this year" Mason smirks, pulling her into a hug.

"Another reason why I don't want to go. I've heard you're awful" she says, giving him a teasing grin.

"Do I have to call you Mr. West?" She asks him.

"Nah" he says, kissing her head.

"I had to call you that last year" Dylan says.

Mason shrugs. "I never once told you that you had to call me that. You just did."

"Well that's good to know" he snaps.

Mason rolls his eyes, but ignores him. "You know where all your classes are, Jos?"

She shakes her head.

"Ok, well let's leave now and I'll show you beforehand. Wanna ride, Ellie?"

"Thanks, not today. I want to see Luke and Emma off too."

He just nods. "Hopefully Lance put us all together for lunch again this year. Have a good day!"

I really hope so too. That's one reason I was excited to go back. I really just enjoy having lunch with everyone.

Emma and Luke come down the stairs, and Luke is grumpy.

"You guys ready for your first day?" I ask them.

"Oh yeah. Can't wait" he grumbles.

Emma and Luke are taking several classes together this year. They need to get their basic ones out of the way first. Their schedule is the same this semester. Trace has a couple classes with them too, but not all.

"You nervous, Emmy?"

She nods. "I'd be more nervous if this grouch wasn't with me."

"Be nice to me." Luke grumbles, grabbing a soda out of the fridge.

"I am being nice. You're a grouch today."

"Bite me, Emma Katherine" he says, kissing her on the head and then kissing me goodbye.

"What are you going to do without us, mom?" He grumbles as he gets on his book bag.

"Not have to worry about you getting into trouble? Goodness, Luke, I have absolutely no idea."

"You're hysterical" he snaps as they leave the house.

Hopefully he wakes up and is in a better mood soon. He's extra grouchy today.

Taylor comes downstairs and doesn't look so good.

"What's wrong, Darling?"

"I think I caught a cold. I feel lousy. I'm going to go back to bed."