~92~ Struggling

Ellie's POV

"Dylan, you're seriously getting on my nerves" Taylor says darkly.

"I just don't see why I can't stay in the apartment this week" Dylan argues.

"Because. With Mason and Sasha on their honeymoon, I'm not having you guys upstairs alone. We can't hear a thing up there. I'm not comfortable with that."

Dylan glares at him. "What do you think I'm going to do, Taylor?"

"I don't know, but I'm not interested in finding out. You are in Sasha's old room, end of story."

Dylan shakes his head in disgust. "Never thought I'd actually miss Mason."

Taylor nods. "Haven't you ever heard 'absence makes the heart grow fonder?'"

Dylan nods. "Yeah? Well when can I be absent from you?"

"Young man, I've had enough."

"Me too. Can I go back up to the apartment, please?" Dylan asks with an attitude.

Taylor looks at me, about to get snappy.

"Dylan, that's enough. You heard Taylor, quit arguing." I say sternly.

Dylan shakes his head, annoyed, and goes up to Sasha's old room angrily, shutting the door harder than he should.

Taylor isn't happy. "I miss him being afraid of me"

I chuckle. Ever since Taylor and Dylan had that week alone when Dylan was suspended, they got closer. They are not friends, but Dylan isn't afraid of him anymore.

"I would love to know why he doesn't give you this attitude" he says, still griping.

"Not sure" I say, grabbing his hand and pulling him to the kitchen.

"What are you doing?"

"Getting you un-cranky. You've been a crank since yesterday." I say, getting out the ice cream and scooping us up some.

Taylor just nods, taking the spoon I hand him.

"I just miss her" he says, taking a bite.

"Me too" I say, eating my ice cream.

Dylan comes down a few minutes later with a scowl.

"What's wrong now?" Taylor asks, exasperated.

"Sasha's comforter is pink" he grumbles.

"Very good. Glad to see you're learning in school. You have officially passed your colors."

"Taylor Reed" I say, giving him a look.

"So not only do I not get to sleep in my room, I have to sleep in a pink bed?" He asks, putting his hands on his hips.

Taylor sighs loudly. "Well, if you're sleeping, your eyes are closed, AND YOU CAN'T SEE THE PINK COMFORTER" he yells.

Dylan glares at him. "Can I stay at Colton's house this week, then?" He asks darkly.

"Why?"

"Because you're getting on my nerves."

Taylor rolls his eyes. "Nope. I enjoy getting on your nerves."

Dylan says nothing as he roughly opens up the fridge, getting a soda, and going back upstairs.

"You're acting like a child, young man." I say, glaring at Taylor.

Taylor returns my glare.

"I mean it. Quit being so grumpy."