~192~ You're My Strength

If you're squeamish, then this could be a trigger warning for you ❤️

Ellie's POV

It's the twins birthday today. Every year this day is bittersweet. I hate how much I didn't enjoy my pregnancy with them. I hate how scared we were. I love those two more than words. If they were not in my life, it would be empty. They bring me so much joy.

***********************************************************************************************

I've been on bed rest for a month. It's been the longest month of my entire life. I still have a toddler.
She needs her mom, and I'm in bed all the dang time. I'm terrified. Tomorrow I go in for my c-section, and I honestly don't know if I'm coming home. This might very well kill me.

Taylor has been on edge, but he's doing his best not to show it. He's been home with me, and we've been snuggled up with Sasha watching movies in bed all day: I can't keep out the dark thoughts that this could be my last day with them.

Liam walks in the room, and he's exhausted from his college classes.

"Hey momma," he says, coming over and kissing my cheek.

"How was school, darling?"

"Fine," he says, scooping up Sasha and taking her place on the bed. Then he snuggles her to his chest and kisses her cheek.

"Hi" Sasha says, kissing his cheek.

He chuckles and squeezes her tighter. "You been a good girl for mommy and daddy today?"

She violently nods her head and snuggles in as we keep watching Cinderella. Sasha and I love it, and Taylor is putting up with it.

"What time do you have to be there tomorrow?" Liam asks after a few minutes.

"5 am" Taylor says simply. He's just as terrified as I am.

Liam nods and kisses my cheek, resting his head on my shoulder. "You can do this, momma."

I squeeze his hand, and act like I'm ok. I'm not ok.....I'm terrified.

The next morning, Liam gets up when we get ready to leave. He pulls me into a hug and kisses my cheek. "I can't wait to meet these babies. You did good growing them, momma. You're going to do even better, giving birth to them."

I look at him and tears fill my eyes. "Liam......"

"Don't you dare," he snaps.

I stare at him.

"I don't want to hear what you're thinking. Quit thinking it. Get your ass to the hospital and be Ellie Freeman. The kick-ass woman who never gives up and never backs down. I will see you in a few hours, and YOU can introduce me to my siblings."

I nod and ignore the tears that have fallen. I kiss him and we walk to the car. As we're driving away, I see him wipe a tear as he watches us from the window.

Taylor silently holds my hand the whole way, neither of us saying anything.

We get in, and they put me in a wheelchair. Taylor silently follows behind as we go up to Labor and Delivery. They get me in, and get me prepped. It takes a couple of hours.

"Mr. Preston, we're going to take her back to the OR, and then put her spinal in. You can't be there for that. Once it's in, we will bring you back. Get in these scrubs while you're waiting," a nurse says.

Taylor takes the gown and hat, and nods. "Can you give us just a second?" He asks softly.

The nurse nods and leaves the room.