~183~ Emmy, I'm Going To Lose Her

Luke's POV

The next morning I'm up, showered, and ready hours before she comes out of the bedroom. When she does, she doesn't look like she's slept at all.

"Ready to go to Geek Squad?" I ask softly, coming over to her.

"Just stop, Luke. There's nothing they're going to be able to do."

"Can we just try, please? If not, I'll go to your professor myself."

She looks at me for a minute, before she sighs and goes to get dressed. We leave a little later, and drive in silence to the store.

"I'm so sorry, baby," I say as we're almost there.

"It's fine"

"Shay, it isn't fine. Why can't you just tell me that I messed up and you're mad?"

She looks at me. "What good will it do?"

"Just tell me you're mad at me."

"I'm upset, Luke."

"No. Tell me right now. Tell me that I messed up, and you're pissed."

"Please just stop," she says as she looks back out her window again.

I'm so sick of this. How hard is it to tell someone you're mad at them? It's not hard. Two words...I'm mad. I could say that at two years old. It's not hard at all.

We go in, and after two hours, and a thousand dollars later, they were able to get her paper off of the hard drive and put it on the new computer I got her.

I was sick when I saw the price tag for the computer. I have been saving money so we can move to a real apartment after I graduate. Whatever. I killed the computer her parents got her, it was my responsibility to replace it.

We get back in the car and I grab her hand. I say nothing until she looks at me.

"I'm sorry, Shyann. I'm really, really sorry. I'm not perfect, but I'm trying. You have to start telling me when you're mad."

She sighs and nods. "Thanks for getting the paper back," she says with a small smile and kisses me softly.

"Wanna celebrate when we get home? I don't have to be at work for another hour. I can get a lot done in half an hour," I smirk.

She smiles again. "No thanks"

Welp, she's still mad. She never turns me down.

It's been strained for the last couple weeks. She hasn't gotten over it. She smiles and talks to me, but her eyes are sad...Guarded. We haven't had sex at all.

The afternoon that I blew up at Emma, resulting in her moving out, was because we had another spat beforehand.

I had just gotten off of work, and the apartment was trashed. Shay had been home all day. When I get in, she's watching TV.

"Hey," I say, trying not to be my mother. It's ok to live in a messy house. It's just...When you live your whole life with an immaculate house, that's what you get used to.

"Hi" she says, standing up and kissing me.

"Um, you been busy today?"

She rolls her eyes. "I had my morning class, and I've been studying all day."

"Oh that makes sense," I say. No wonder she hasn't cleaned. She's been studying.

"What makes sense?"

"Nothing. I've got so much studying to do."

"You looked irritated when you walked in. What's wrong?"