~98~ Can't You Sell Me A Timeshare?

Liam's POV

I'm on the floor, tickling the tar out of Jaxson, when my phone rings.

I see that it's the school, so I know it's someone I know. "Sorry, person, I'm not worried about my car warranty about to be expired. I like living on the edge."

I hear cackling, but I still don't know whose calling me.

"Hey Liam, it's Lance."

"Hey buddy. You're not calling to sell me anything, are ya? I got in trouble with my Old Lady when I bought a timeshare over the phone. Man those people are persistent."

Lance chuckles. "I hope that's a lie. Those things are impossible to get out of."

I snort. "What can I do for you, Principal Mills?"

"Your daughter is in trouble."

"Damn it. Come on. Sell me a timeshare."

"Sorry" he chuckles.

"Ok, I'm leaving now" I grumble.

"Thanks man" he says as he hangs up the phone.

I'm really going to have to apologize to my mother. Getting a call from your kid's school sucks ass.

"Nora, I gotta go" I yell up the stairs.

She comes downstairs and gives me a look. "Where?"

"Savannah is in trouble" I say, rolling my eyes.

"Fantastic" she groans, shaking her head.

I get to the school and go into Lance's office. He sees me, and motions me in. Savannah is sitting in one of the chairs.

I sit down, and stare at her until she looks at me.

"What did you do?" I ask darkly.

She sighs as she looks at the ground. I silently wait for her to speak. She doesn't.

"The longer this takes, the madder I'm gonna get,
and the worse this will be for you."

Lance and I give each other a look while we wait for Savannah to start talking.

She still isn't talking.

"Last chance, Savannah, before I spank you in front of Principal Mills"

Lance keeps his face neutral, but I know that surprised him.

It embarrassed Savannah, though. Maybe I shouldn't have said that. Lance is a friend, but I didn't think that through very well.

"I hit Colton" she mumbles into her chest.

I look at Lance and raise my eyebrows. He just nods once.

"Sorry, see, you're mumbling. What it just sounded like, was that you hit my brother. Your buddy. Surely that's not what you really said, though. Try again." I say, raising my voice.

She looks at me and simply nods.

"You hit Colton?" I ask again.

"Yes sir"

"Why?"

She just shrugs her shoulders.

I look at Lance.

"I've already spoken with your dad. Since this is a family related incident, he asked that she not be suspended. I'll agree to that this once. It happens again, though, she will be. She does have detention for a week, though."

I sigh and nod. "Ok...Um....want me to take her home?"

He shrugs. "Up to you. She isn't suspended, so she doesn't need to leave. If you want to deal with it now, I'll excuse her."