~25~ Foundation

Ellie's POV

I know this makes me sound like a brat, and I know I've said it before, but I'm saying it again.....I'm usually the one whose mad. I HATE being on this side of it. I like having the power in the arguments. I hate feeling so, vulnerable. Helpless.

I drive home and cry a little. Taylor power-walked to his car and then sped off like a freaking maniac. By the time I get home, he's already inside.

I go in and look around. Josie and Dylan are at the table doing homework. Emma is at the gym...Jake came by and apologized the same night we made up.
Emma forgave him instantly. She's just a really good human being.

I know that Drew is at Megan's today, and Sasha is picking him up when she gets home in twenty minutes.

Taylor is at the island, drinking a Gatorade.

"Can we talk yet?" I ask with an attitude. I can't seem to get rid of my dang 'tude.

He doesn't even look at me, he looks at Josie and Dylan.

"Guys, we're in a fight. I promise you that I won't hit her. This is your home and you're welcome to stay. If it makes you feel too uncomfortable, you can do homework upstairs today" he says softly.

I just love this infuriating man of mine. I didn't even think about the kids and their probable PTSD. He did. He was able to put his emotions to the side and take care of them.

I look at them, and I see them glance at me uncomfortably. To my amazement, they stay. Whether out of curiosity or fear for me, I'm not sure.

"Now can we talk?" I ask, slamming my purse on the counter next to him.

"Talk about what?" He asks darkly.

"Oh, I don't know. The fact that you're mad over nothing? The fact that you were gone the entire day yesterday? How about the fact that you won't even look at me?"

He finally looks at me. His face is beyond livid. This is worse than the time I hit him when Sasha was a baby. This is a lot worse. I'm actually starting to wonder if he might leave me for this.

"I don't want to look at you, Ellie. I don't even know who you are anymore" he says, barely above a whisper. I can't even hardly hear him he's talking so quietly.

"You know, I'm so sick and tired of you not yelling at me when you're mad. I shouldn't have to lip read what you're saying. Talk like a normal person, or yell, but I'm done with the damn whispering" I yell.

He glares at me.

Luke and Mason come in then, in a good mood from the meet.

As soon as they see us, they tense up.

"I don't need to yell. I'm pissed, you know I'm pissed, there's no reason to yell about it" he says darkly.

"Oh really? Then why will you yell at everyone else?" I snap.

"Ellie, quit twisting this into something else. You crossed so far over the line yesterday that I really don't know how we're coming back from this."

"I DID NOTHING WRONG" I scream.

He just nods darkly and looks at Mason.

"Does she ever flirt with Lance?" he asks him.

"I'm sorry Taylor, but don't drag me into this" Mason says darkly.

"So that's a yes. That's good to know" he says, slamming his hand down on the counter.

Mason sighs and shakes his head. "Not once has she ever flirted with him. I don't appreciate being brought into this. You know her. You're being an ass right now."