~10~ Drew

Sasha's POV

I'm tired and I'm sore. I'm real sore. I decided that for as long as I can, I want to try and breastfeed. They lay Drew on me and he immediately starts rooting around, searching. Suddenly he latches, and I feel my heart about to explode. The day I found out I was pregnant with him was a dark day for me. If only I knew that his little guy would light up my entire world. How can you love someone so fiercely that you've just met?

Mason is watching Drew on my breast, and he gently strokes his cheek. "He's hungry" he says, his eyes burning with love.

Everyone has gone home, and to bed. Watching all of my family meeting my son was beautiful. Jake was probably the one that surprised me the most. I knew dad, Alex, and Liam would cry. I knew Wes wouldn't, but I knew he would fall in love with him. What I didn't expect was Jake.

As soon as he held him, he started crying. I don't know if I've ever seen Jake cry before. Mom has, but I haven't.

"Man. I wished I would have had one of these" he says sadly. "He's perfect, Sasha Girl" he says, kissing my forehead.

He really is perfect. He's got my eyes, but he's got Mason's blonde hair. I don't know if I've ever seen a brown-eyed blonde-haired person before, but I have now. He's beautiful.

We're in the hospital for several days. Mom brings Dylan and Josie up the second day. Mason gives them both a hug, but they say nothing.

"Wanna hold him?" I ask Josie. Josie just shakes
her head. Mason immediately hides it, but I know that just really hurt his feelings.

"Dylan?" I try.

"No" Dylan says darkly.

Mason looks at the ground, and tries to school his face. He just wanted his brother and sister to hold his son. That wasn't asking too much.

Mom leaves and goes to get Mason and some sub sandwiches. I'm already sick of hospital food.

As we're waiting for mom to get back, we're just quietly sitting here. "You ok?" I hear Dylan whisper to Josie.

Josie just nods.

"What's wrong?" Mason asks.

"Nothing you need to be concerned with, brother. Pay attention to your son" Dylan snaps.

Mason ignores him and stares at Josie.

"What's wrong?" He asks her again.

She holds out her hand. "I slammed my finger in the door last night" she says quietly.

Mason grabs her hand gently and turns it around, inspecting her finger.

"Ouch. Did you tell anyone?" He asks her.

"Dylan" she says simply.

"Can you move it?" He asks, pressing on her finger gently.

"Yeah" she says.

He kisses her head and looks at her hard. "Sorry you got hurt, Curly Top. I'll have Ellie check to make sure it's not broke when she gets back" he says, stroking her cheek.

The corners of her mouth turns up as she nods.

The baby starts crying, and my attention goes to him. I think he's hungry. How am I going to breastfeed him in front of the kids? I didn't even think about that.

Mason can immediately read my mind. He goes up to me and discreetly puts the blanket up, so I'm totally covered. I get Drew situated, and then Mason wraps the blanket so nothing but the top of Drew's head is showing.