~87~ Underwear

Ellie's POV

It's been several weeks since the engagement, and Sasha is still on cloud nine. She is just so excited. They decided that they want to get married quickly, once Sasha is done with college for the summer. Her classes are getting done several weeks before our school is out. However, Mason has a lot of personal time he wants to use up. So, they will be getting married in two months.

They want to have it here, in the backyard. We are going to use both our, and Liam's yard. Mason has hardly anybody that will go to the wedding. He has a couple cousins, an aunt and uncle, and a grandma. He has friends from college and people that he works with at the school, but that's it. Sasha has some friends, but she doesn't have tons of people either.

So that means, that we are working around the clock getting everything ready in time. I've been loving all the extra time with my girl. She's still so busy, doing end of the year projects, a lot is falling on me. That's ok, though. I'll do whatever I can to make this day perfect for her.

"Mother, you're in trouble" Luke says, coming down the stairs one morning before school.

"For what, love?"

"Did you wash my lucky underwear?"

Taylor snorts as he takes a sip of coffee, making the hot coffee go up his nose.

"Holy crap that burns" Taylor yells, pinching the bridge of his nose in pain.

I look back at Luke, confused.

"Your lucky underwear?"

"Yeah"

"What?"

"Mom, what are you not comprehending. I have lucky underwear, and they smell good. I'm asking you if you washed them."

"Which ones are they?"

"They are the green and blue polka dot ones."

"Yes, Lucas Reed, I washed them!"

"WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?" He screams as Mason and the kids come into the kitchen.

"Young man, you might be an adult, but I'm the parent. Don't you dare speak to me like that again." I say in a low voice.

"Sorry...Mother, what on earth possessed you to wash my lucky underwear, ma'am?" he asks in a condescendingly sweet tone.

"Because they were in the laundry. Have you been wearing dirty underwear?" I asked, grossed out.

"They were not in the laundry, they were on my floor."

"So?"

"So, if I wanted them washed, I would have thrown them in my hamper."

"Why are you not washing your underwear?"

"Because they're lucky. What exactly are you not understanding here?" He asks, exasperated.

I look at Taylor, bewildered.

Taylor chuckles. "Lucas, what makes that pair of underwear lucky?"

"Well dad, I'll tell ya. That's the pair of underwear I was wearing when I got the nerve to ask Shay out."

Taylor nods, seriously. "Well, Lukie Boy, you've got such a cute face. Doesn't mean the underwear is lucky."

Luke narrows his eyes, and glares at Mason, who is by the table laughing.

"Then why did I go to my next class and ace my math test?"

"Because you were on an endorphin high from her saying yes to your cute face" Taylor says, still serious.