~189~ Part Of The Club

Ellie's POV

We're packing to leave, and I'm so sad. How can vacation possibly be over? Besides Nolan, this was an absolutely amazing vacation. Probably our best. I wish we didn't have Nolan's punishment hanging over our heads.

I'm in the room he's sharing with Ethan, helping him pack.

"Nervous?" I ask as I fold some of his clean clothes and put it in his suitcase.

He sighs and nods as he puts some basketball shorts in.

"Is he serious about a week of spankings?" He whispers.

I nod. "Afraid so"

He sighs. "Did he do that to anyone else?"

"Luke got five days of spankings once."

"Then why do I have to have 7?"

"Because dad is only using his hand with you. Luke got the belt, paddle, hairbrush, and hand."

Nolan's eyes widen as he puts more clothes in.

"I'm scared, mom," he says sadly.

I nod. "You're scared of getting spanked. We were scared because you almost died. Vastly different. You don't think you deserve it?"

He just shrugs, putting his underwear in. "I'll stop lying."

"We've heard it before, kid."

"You don't believe me?" He asks, his voice getting raspy.

"I believe that you will try, yeah. I have a feeling you had to lie a lot growing up, huh?"

He just nods.

"Well you don't have to here. Not ever. The faster you learn that, the better off you're going to be."

"Can't you convince him to only give me one?" He begs.

"No she can't," Taylor says sternly from the door.

Nolan looks, and just nods. "Are you still mad at me?"

Taylor sighs and comes in. "Honestly? Yeah. Still love you the same, though."

"There's nothing I can do to get out of a week of spankings?"

"Absolutely nothing," Taylor says.

Nolan sniffs, and continues to pack.

"Don't stress about it, kid. It's not going to make it better. Just enjoy the last night of vacation, and we will deal with it in a couple days," Taylor says, kissing his head and leaving.

The next morning we pack up and leave around 5 am. We're switching it up this time. We're riding with Alex and his crew. Savannah and Dylan are jumping in our car too. Jake and Sarah and the kids are riding with Liam. Nolan is going with them too.

I sit in the middle row with Lilah and we get into a long conversation about how good of a trip we had.

"Taylor, are you going to that reunion this year?" Lilah asks after a few minutes.

"Nope. I only ever went because dad guilt tripped me. He's gone now, so I'm not obligated anymore."

"You don't think we should?"

"Why? I never even talk to those people. Not interested."

"Well, I'm not going if you're not going."

"Then I guess you're not going," he snaps.

"What's with the attitude, Taylor?" Lilah asks, raising her voice.