~114~ Let Us Run With You

Josie's POV

We walk upstairs and I have dread in my stomach. Maybe if I say I want to move back in with Mason I'll get outta' the spanking...Kinda doubt it.

We get in my room (Sasha's old room) and I sit on the bed.

"Stay by the door, Ellie" Taylor says sternly.

Ellie just nods.

I think that's just the stupidest thing. If Ellie can fight off a huge muscley man, surely she could take an almost 16 year old 5'2 girl. Taylor is way too protective over her.

Taylor pulls the desk chair up and sits down. His knees are an inch from my knees. He looks at me hard. So hard, I immediately look down.

"Look at me" he says darkly.

I quickly look at him.

"I first want to say how impressed I am that you picked up the mess without being told. I was fully expecting you to try to run to your room and leave us with it. I'm proud of you for that."

I just stare at him.

"Even though you just broke Ellie's expensive China, I'm surprisingly not furious about it. I used to always tell Luke that if he felt like hurting someone, to take it out on objects. I am not condoning what you did, though. I want an explanation, right now."

"I don't have one" I say softly.

"Why did you get so mad?"

"Because I wanted to go to Izzy's house."

Taylor looks at me hard, like he's trying to read my mind. Can he read my mind?"

"Mason is missing you like crazy" he finally says.

That surprises me. I didn't do this because I'm upset about Mason. Am I surprised that he hasn't been by to check on me? A little.

"We can't help you unless you start talking. You have to talk to us, kid."

I just stare at him. What does he want me to say? Nobody actually wants to hear the truth. Do you think he really wants to hear that I always feel like every time I talk, someone is going to tear me down for it? That anytime I would open my mouth to say anything, dad would make some nasty remark?

Dad had a few good ones....

"What is that damn noise? Must be a gnat. Man I hate those things."

"Is Josie really thinking that we care right now?"

Or my personal favorite. "If you would have just given me another damn boy, I wouldn't have to listen to this whiny little b****."

What's the point of talking?

Taylor waits for me to say something. Once it becomes apparent I'm not going to, he sighs.

"You're important to this family, J. You're important to me. I love you."

I believe him. That's why I want to live here.

"You're still being punished for what you did. First off, for what you called me. I didn't appreciate it and it hurt my feelings. I want an apology."

"I'm sorry I called you that."

"That's it? That's the best apology you can give me?"

"I won't call you that again."

He sighs and shakes his head. "Do you really feel like I'm a dick?"

I just shake my head.

"Then why would you call me that?"