~135~ Humble Pie

Ellie's POV

I slept awful last night. I'm just so mad. Taylor can tell I'm awake, and he reaches over and pulls me into him.

"Where's your head at, Ellie Jane?"

I turn around and look at him.

"Even though I'm an adult, can I still call my daddy and tattle on my brother?"

Taylor laughs as he kisses my cheek. "You could, but you won't. Do you really want to get your dad involved?"

I groan. "No," I say as I get out of bed. It's Sunday, but I want to get up before Nolan does. It's only 7, so I'm sure he's still sleeping.

I get ready for the day and go downstairs. When I get down, I'm surprised to see him up and cooking himself eggs.

"What are you doing, Bud?" I ask him.

"Sorry. I was hungry."

"Don't be sorry. Why didn't you wake me up? I would have made you some breakfast."

"Why would you do that?" He asks, furrowing his brow.

"Because I always make breakfast."

"Really?"

I just nod.

"Well, you don't need to for me. I've made my own breakfast ever since I can remember."

This poor kid.

I nod. "Ok, well I usually make pancakes, eggs, and bacon for my crew on Sundays. Wanna help me?"

"Sure," he shrugs.

I nod as I get the stuff that I need and we start making breakfast.

"I thought after breakfast, you, me, and Taylor could go shopping. Get you some more clothes and things, and then get stuff for your room. Sound good?"

"No thanks,"

"Why not?"

"I've got plenty of clothes."

I smile as I hand him some bacon to fry.

"Can you just humor me?" I ask softly.

"Sure"

"You up for a big family meal tonight? Thought we would introduce you to our huge pile of crazy right off the bat. Most everybody lives right next to us. All but Jake and Sarah."

"Why don't they?"

"We're trying. We're waiting for a house to become available; but I don't know if that will happen."

"Why?"

"Nasty neighbor."

He just nods as we continue making breakfast.

"How crazy are we talking?" He asks after a minute. I can tell he's nervous to meet the family.

I chuckle. "Crazy loud, crazy obnoxious, and crazy amazing."

He just nods, absorbing it all.

Taylor comes down a little later and pours himself some coffee.

"Putting him to work already?" He asks, stealing a piece of bacon off the plate.

"Yeah. She's bossy," he says with a straight face.

Taylor chuckles. "That lady right there is always right and you want to be on her good side. You remember that and you're golden, kid," he smirks.

"You're hilarious," I say as I throw a piece of bacon at Taylor.

"Why are you throwing pieces of pig at dad so early in the morning?" Luke grumbles as he walks in and sits next to Taylor. He takes the bacon out of Taylor's hand and eats it.