~162~ Discovery

Ellie's POV

I heard something weird when I went for a walk last night, and I was too upset to do anything about it then. As I was walking, one of our neighbors on the street over stopped me and talked to me for a few minutes. Let's just say, I'm still fuming.

I drive to work today, and I'm quiet.

"Are you and dad in a fight?" Nolan asks quietly.

I look at him and smile. "No, love. I'm not happy though."

"Did I do something?"

"Nope"

"Ok," he says as he looks back out his window. I don't think I've ever had anyone in my life, besides Taylor, who has truly been this worried about me. I wonder how long it will last until he becomes a self-absorbed teen. I'm enjoying it now while it lasts, though.

We get to school and I kiss him goodbye. When I get to my office, I'm still trying to decide how to handle this.

After several hours, I decide to make a phone call.

"Hello?"

"Hey. Can you come to the school for a bit?"

"Is Colton in trouble?"

"No"

"Are you ok?"

"No"

"Ok El. Give me ten minutes," he says as he gets off the phone. I seriously feel like smacking him when he gets here. Hopefully I don't.

When Alex gets here, he can read my face and he is immediately nervous.

He shuts the door and grabs my hands. "What on earth did I do to make you this mad at me?" Alex asks.

I take my hands out of his roughly and shove him against the door. Hard. "I am doing everything I can right now to convince myself that smacking you would be a horrible thing to do," I spit.

"Ellie, what's wrong?" He asks, stunned and confused.

"Do you know the Lancaster's on the street behind us?"

"No" Alex says simply.

"Yeah? I didn't either. Thanks to you, they sure as hell know about me, though."

"Ellie. Stop speaking in riddles and tell me what's wrong," Alex says sternly.

"Mrs. Lancaster informed me that she agreed with me."

"On?"

"I confided in you, Alex. How could you go around telling people about the fight between me and Taylor?"

"WHAT FIGHT?!?" He asks, raising his voice in exasperation.

I sigh and shake my head. "The one about me getting plastic surgery to hide my scar. I want to do it, and Taylor doesn't want me to."

"Ellie, I have never told anybody about that fight. The only person I told was Lilah, but you and I both know that spouses get to know everything. Always."

I shake my head. "She said that you agreed with me. That you said it's my body and I have a choice on what I have done to it. That it shouldn't even be a discussion."

Alex gets a blank stare.

"What did you just say?" He asks, his face hard to read.

"I'm seriously not saying it all again, Alex."

He shakes his head. "Say it again. Now."

"She said that you said that it was my body and I have the choice on what I have done with it."