~143~ Waiting For The Other Shoe To Drop

Ellie's POV

We get done getting Jake and Sarah settled, and we go back home. I can tell that Nolan is having a hard time with the idea of the two of us fighting. He's acting like his normal, breezy self, but I'm really starting to learn him. He's holding his mouth tighter than normal, and he's clenching his fists every now and then.

As we're walking home, I lean into Taylor. "You and I are not ok, but it's on hold for now. He's struggling with it," I whisper.

Taylor simply nods.

When we get home, I give Nolan a hug. "Thanks for all your help today, mister," I smile.

"Sure," he says, returning the smile.

"Thought we could do a pizza and game night. What do you say?"

"Me and you?" He asks, trying to keep his tone indifferent.

"What? You don't wanna play monopoly with me, Nolan? That kinda hurts my feelings," Taylor smirks.

"I thought you two were fighting"

Taylor shrugs. "She and I love each other; We're soulmates. We will work it out."

"So you're still fighting?" He asks, confused.

I sigh and grab Nolan's hand. "Am I upset with him? Yes. He's right though, we will work it out. You think I'm going to leave him, because Katie said that this would destroy us?"

He simply nods.

"She doesn't know this family at all. I will never leave him. I'm completely in love with him. Right now, though, I'm upset. I'm allowed to be upset. Will you please have a game night with us?"

"Sure, as long as Taylor doesn't cheat," he says, keeping his true feelings out of his voice.

"No promises, my man," Taylor says, squeezing Nolan's shoulders. He goes to grab some board games out of the cabinet while I order the pizza.

Once the pizza is ordered, we sit at the table and start playing Clue. Nolan has never played before, and he's really starting to get into it.

"This game is sweet," he says as he marks another weapon off of his list.

"It's Ellie's favorite," Taylor smiles.

"It's only my favorite, because Taylor is so bad at it," I chuckle.

"I resent that, Ellie Jane."

Nolan snorts and shakes his head. He's having fun.

I end up winning the game, and Taylor sighs. "See? I swear she peeks at the cards before she puts them in the envelope."

"You put them in the envelope, ya dork," I smile.

He narrows his eyes. "Dang. I should have peeked. I missed that opportunity!"

The doorbell rings, and the pizza gets here. We set up Monopoly, and then eat our pizza as we play.

Nolan has never played this game either.

We continue to play, and Nolan has relaxed. Taylor and I are both trying hard to be goofy with each other. I'm having a hard time, though. I don't even want to be around him, let alone be goofy with him.

Around ten, I call it. "Ok Bud, it's been a long day. Time for bed."

He nods as he helps us put Trouble away, then he heads up to bed.

We silently pick up the table, and then I go up to tuck him in.

"Did you have a good day?" I ask as I put the covers over him and kiss his cheek.