~31~ At That Stage

Liam's POV

"Nora, you need to stop" I say, taking the heavy box out of her hand and putting it on the floor.

"I can't. I want to get this room finished" she says, glaring at me. She's been a crank lately.

"Nora, the baby won't be here for three months. You need to stop before you hurt yourself."

"I'm pregnant, not incapable of working, Liam" she says, taking another box out of the closet and starting to move it.

I roll my eyes and go in the other room. I remember how cranky mom got when she was pregnant. It was worse with the twins. She was awful. Taylor just dealt with it all and killed her with kindness. I'm quickly discovering that I am not Taylor. She is getting on my nerves.

"Daddy, can I go to Colton's?" Savannah asks, peeking her head in the room.

Before I can say anything, Nora speaks up. "No you can't, young lady. I've been asking you all day to clean your room and it still isn't clean. Get you tail in there and clean it now."

Savannah glares at her. They have an amazing relationship now, but Savannah is getting tired of Nora snapping at us, too.

"I wasn't asking you. Is your name 'dad'?" She snaps.

"Savannah Lucille, don't you DARE take that tone with me. Get in your room and clean it now before I spank you."

Savannah isn't happy.

"Dad?" She asks, looking at me.

"You heard your mom, girly" I say, giving her a sympathetic smile.

She sighs and goes to her room, and slams the door.

Normally I would get her in trouble for that, but I don't want to. Nora has been awful.

I silently go to Savannah's room and give her a look.

"You better not slam the door again" I say sternly. She nods, as she throws some clothes in her hamper roughly.

"Once your room is clean, you can go to Colton's" I say, coming over and kissing her.

She nods, and silently continues to clean her room.

She comes out about twenty minutes later. "It's clean, can I go now?" She asks, avoiding Nora and only asking me.

"I'll go check it" Nora says, standing up and going to her room.

A minute later, we hear her. "Savannah, come up here."

Savannah sighs and looks at me for help. I just shrug, and we both go up to look.

"This room is still dirty" Nora snaps.

"How?" Savvy asks, looking again at me. I look around too. I'm not seeing a problem.

"This bed is not made properly. Your rug needs shaken out and the floor needs vacuumed."

"Are you serious? There isn't even anything on my carpet, you big grouch" Savannah snaps.

Nora is not happy. She marches over to Savannah and swats her hard on her bottom.

"I don't appreciate your attitude, Savannah."

"And I don't appreciate yours. You could have just told me nicely. There's no reason to be so awful." She says, rubbing the sting out of her bottom.

By the look on Nora's face, I know I need to intervene.

"Ok, Savvy, go to Colton's. I'll finish up your room" I say, kissing her head and patting her bottom lightly.