~74~ Storage Room

Ellie's POV

It's been a month, and I'm doing better. I feel better. My therapist recommended that I see her several times a week. I have always had someone with me. I know it's "customary" to go by yourself, but I'm tired of being by myself in this.

Taylor has gone to the majority of them with me. Honestly, it's helping our marriage too. He's talked about his thoughts and feelings through all of this, and I've been stunned. I had no idea he was still going through so much. I can tell, though, that he's healing too.

On days that he's on shift, Jake or Alex go with me. It's been amazing. Jake was still really struggling, and I had absolutely no idea. None. He needed this too. We all did.

A few times, Taylor has stayed behind, and Liam and I have gone. It was hard, but needed.

I'm heading into work today, feeling good. I had a session yesterday with Taylor, and it was a good one. I'm starting to get excited about life again. Finding joy in the stupidest things. Cracking jokes again, and being a dork. I feel alive.

I drive myself to work today, because I want to have some "me time." I told Taylor not to expect me home until after 5. I really wanted to spend the afternoon alone, getting my hair and nails done.

I get to work, and start my day. It has been busy today, and before I know it, it's lunchtime. I go to lunch, and try to enjoy myself. Brant and Ronnie are talking about the answers to a Chem test that Brant gave. Poor Paisley. I wonder what she talks about with them. She doesn't seem like she has anything in common with them either.

I get to my office after lunch, and Izzy comes in. "What's wrong, darling?" I ask, giving her a kiss.

"I have the worst headache. Can I have some Tylenol?"

"Normally, I'd just give you some. I have to call mom though since I'm here."

She gives me a look, and I chuckle. "Give me a second."

I call Megan, and she finds it humorous too. "Yes, you may give my daughter Tylenol for her headache, Nurse."

I give Izzy the medicine, and send her on her way. I start going through some of my supplies, and notice I'm low on a ton of things. I decide to go to the storage room and stock up while it's quiet.

I get to the creepy storage room, and notice that Tom, the custodian, was being a smart-butt, and put all of my stuff on the top shelf. He did it on purpose, because he finds it hysterical how short I am.

He and I are buddies, so I know it wasn't done maliciously. He wants me to go search for him, ask for help getting the stuff down, so he can make fun of me as he's doing it. I chuckle to myself as I go to find him.

This old man is about to get a pickle juice Mountain Dew soon if he isn't careful.

I search all over the dang school, and I can't find Tom anywhere. As I'm roaming, I run into Lance. I'm clear on the opposite side of the building, so Lance stops, surprised to see me here.

"What are you doing here?" He asks, surprised.

"Looking for Tom"

He gives me a questioning look. "Near the shop class?"

"I've been searching the entire school for him. I can't find him anywhere."

"Well, it's because he left early today."

"Oh fantastic" I say, annoyed that I just wasted twenty minutes.

"Why are you looking for Tom?"

"I can't reach my supplies in the storage room and I need his help."

He gives me a disgusted look. "So instead of coming into my office and asking me to do it, you're searching by the damn shop class?"