~178~ Do Ducks Have Teeth?

Liam's POV

After we leave the bathroom, I have Savannah get some dinner. She sits down carefully as she eats, and I sit next to her. I say nothing as I start going through her phone. I can tell she's uncomfortable with me going through it, but tough. That's what us parents do. We invade and annoy our children.

I'm silently going through her texts, finding nothing important. At least I'm not finding anything to get her into even more trouble. I look through all her pictures, and they're just standard teen girls thinking they're cool.

When she's done eating, she just awkwardly looks at me. We're both still extremely mad at each other.

"Finish mopping," I say sternly.

She sighs as she gets up, and does chores the rest of the night.

At 9:30, I take the sponge out of her hand. Drake was enjoying having her clean out the ambulance a little too much. If I wasn't so irritated with her, I'd be feeling sorry for her.

"You can take my office. Time for bed."

She says nothing as she walks away.

I roll my eyes. I don't want to sleep with all the men, plus Delaney. Jenkins snores incredibly loud. I feel like I'm getting punished now too.

I go in and check on her around 11, and she's sleeping peacefully. I cover her up and kiss her cheek. She lets out a gentle sigh at my touch, as she flips over on her other side.

The next morning we ignore each other, and we drive home in silence.

As soon as we get home, I go upstairs and start taking everything she owns out of her room.

She goes up to her room and watches me, with tears streaming down. As soon as I take her computer, she shakes her head.

"How long?"

"No idea, Savannah. A long time. I'm still trying to decide if I want to do nightly spankings or not."

She takes a sharp intake of breath, but she must be able to read my face. Now is NOT the time to say anything to me.

After her room is left with only her bed and desk, I look at her. "You do your homework, and that is it. I will bring you up your meals. Unless you need to go to the bathroom, you're here. Got me?"

She nods. "Am I getting spanked again?"

"Not tonight. I don't know about the rest of the week yet."

She sits on the bed, and immediately winces. When I shut the door I can hear her starting to cry.

I go downstairs and snuggle with Jaxson while I tell Nora everything that has happened. This has been such a bad 24 hours.

The next couple weeks haven't been great. I decided not to spank her after all. She's miserable being under house arrest. I finally let her start coming out of her room, but she's not allowed to watch TV or anything. I have been allowing her to read, though.

It's now the day that the field trip was supposed to be, and we're finishing up our packing for our road trip this morning. It's a nine hour drive, so we will be staying in a hotel. I'm not looking forward to it at all. Not at all. I'm honestly wishing that I wouldn't have suggested it. We're not talking to each other. We're not looking at each other. We're both so mad and hurt by each other, that it makes everything awkward.

"Ready?" I ask as I grab my suitcase and take hers. It's 4 in the damn morning. Whose idea was it to do this?

She just nods.