~40~ 3 Graduates, Lots of Tears

Ellie's POV

I go into Emma's room first and she's still sleeping soundly. I just stare at my perfect girl. What a roller coaster it's been for her. In the last few years, she went from being this shy, self-conscious, self-loathing girl to a confident, determined, and strong woman. Her beauty is the same both inside and out.
She's just completely stunning. I'm so thankful that she's mine. I'm so thankful for Jake. Taylor and I
both know she wouldn't be who she is right now without him.

I slip into her bed and snuggle into her. She immediately opens her eyes and smiles sweetly at me.

"Hey momma" she says, still groggy.

"Hey pretty girl" I say as I kiss her cheek and snuggle into her more.

She kisses my head and covers me up with her blanket.

"Today's a big day for you, huh?" I ask, grabbing her hand and starting to cry.

"Don't be sad, momma. I'm staying here"

I nod and kiss her hand. "I know. I'm still sad. And happy. I'm just so proud of the woman you're becoming."

She puts her head on my shoulder and kisses my cheek. "Just trying to be like my mom."

That makes me cry even harder. I'm not ready for today.

I lay with her a little longer before I get up and go into her brother's room.

When he's sleeping, he still looks like my baby boy. This could very possibly be the last night he's here. It was for Sasha...The moment she graduated she went and lived with Mason. Granted, she came back, but if she wouldn't have gotten pregnant she wouldn't have.

I climb in his bed and snuggle into him too. He immediately starts to move. He's normally an insanely sound sleeper.

"Time to wake up, Luke" I say, stroking his cheek as I lay my head next to him on his pillow.

His eyes flutter open, focusing on me after a minute.

"What are you doing?" He asks, his voice thick with sleep.

"Enjoying the last few minutes of you being here" I say sadly as I snuggle into him.

To my absolute astonishment, he opens his arms and moves so I'm laying on his shoulder. He puts his arm around me and brings me close to him. I snuggle into his shoulder and sniff. I'm going to miss him so much if he decides to leave.

He kisses my hair and hugs me tighter. "Why are you crying?" He asks after a minute.

I wipe my eyes and shake my head. "I'm sad"

"But I get to walk" he says, confused.

I nod. "I'm happy about that. I'm just sad that it's over."

"What's over?"

I shrug. "You're graduated after today. You're basically an adult. Your childhood is over."

He says nothing. I bet he's going to leave tonight. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he and Trace have a place lined up already. Not sure how they would get an apartment without being 18, but who the heck knows. Those two have enough charm, I bet they could figure it out. Wes and Megan agree with us. If Trace really wanted to move out, they wouldn't stop him.

They lifeguard every summer, as well as pickup odd jobs once in a while. They could have a huge wad of cash saved up for all we know.

I snuggle with him a few more minutes before I kiss his head again. "Time to get up. We're taking you two to breakfast" I say, smiling at him.