~176~ This Sass Is From Eleanor

Liam's POV

We go downstairs, and Nolan looks terrified. He obviously heard all of it. Mom silently gets an ice pack and hands it to me.

"No thanks, I've been gone long enough," I say as I head out the door.

"You need ice, darling."

"I'm fine," I say as I go out and shut the door.

I get in my car, and look at myself in the rearview mirror. She got me good. My entire cheek is turning a dark blue. How could she have possibly smacked me so hard to cause such a nasty bruise already? She's 15 for crying out loud.

I get on the road and get out my phone.

"Hey Liam"

"Hey Lance. Look, I'm sorry, man. I won't interfere with your job again. Go ahead and take away her field trip privilege."

"No, I was wrong. I went overboard. The sub was in tears and it broke my heart. It's all good."

"It's not good at all. I've got a real problem on my hands. Can you get rid of the field trip, please?"

"Are you ok?"

"I'm not ok at all."

Lance is quiet for a long time.

"You don't want her to go on the field trip?" He finally asks.

"No"

"K. Field trip is gone for her."

"Thanks," I say as I hang up the phone. I'm so beyond mad right now.

I get to the station, and all eyes are on me. Everyone can see my bruise, and I'm humiliated.

"What happened to you, Lieutenant?" Jenkins asks.

"Mind your own damn business and clean squad out," I spit.

Greene looks at my face in horror.

He squeezes my shoulder and we walk into Chief's office.

Taylor takes one look at me and his mouth drops open. "What the hell?"

"She just hit the shit outta me."

"Before or after you paddled her?" Taylor asks, sounding sick.

"After. I had to pin her down and use every ounce of strength I had to do it. Afterwards she told me I abused her, and she hated me. Then she hit me."

Taylor's eyes get dark. "Did you leave her with your mom?" He asks, getting mad.

"Grow up. Of course I didn't. Dad has her," I spit. I'm so far past caring that I'm talking to my Chief right now.

Taylor ignores it. "So now what?"

"How the hell do I know? I needed to leave before I put her through a wall. I'm furious she got her way. She didn't want to come with me, she wanted to stay. She hits me, and suddenly she gets her way."

Wes shakes his head angrily. "You can always go back and get her."

"Oh yeah? And what if we get a call? With the mood she's in, I wouldn't doubt she would leave."

"Calm yourself down first. Then reevaluate," Taylor says simply. Darkly.

I'm too mad to reevaluate. I'm beyond.

**********************************************************************************************

Dylan's POV

I'm over at Colton's working on the stupid History project Mason assigned. At least we get to be partners on it. That's sweet.

As we're working on it, the door slams open.