~4~ Why Are You Mad?

Liam's POV

I go over to mom's house and look for Mason. Savannah and Nora are on a play date with someone from Savannah's school, and I'm bored.

I get in, and the house is quiet. I hate quiet. I came over here for the noise.

"MASON!!!!!!!!!" I scream like an idiot. I scream his name dramatically, trying to be as obnoxious as I can.

Taylor jumps. "Damn it Liam, you just scared the shit outta' me!!!" He says, more annoyed than amused.

"MASON!!!!!!" I scream again, getting even louder and more dramatic.

Mason comes rushing out of wherever it was that he was hiding. He thinks somethings wrong.

"What's wrong?!?" He asks, concerned.

Then I smile at him, and he immediately relaxes. "I'm bored. Will you play with me?" I ask, bringing my hands up to beg.

He immediately starts cackling.

Mom isn't amused. "What the heck is wrong with you? I thought someone was dying" she says, mad.

"I'm the one dying. I'm dying of boredom" I say, flopping on the couch and kicking Taylor in the shoulder.

Taylor shoves my feet off of him and reaches over to me, somehow putting me in a headlock. I'm a dang grownup, and my step-dad is still stronger than me. Talk about embarrassing.

"No need to be nasty, Taylor" I say, freeing myself and elbowing him playfully in the ribs.

"I'm offended. All those years you wanted me to be your buddy. The new guy comes along and suddenly I'm chopped liver" Taylor says, pretending to pout.

"Aww, Taylor, turn that frown upside down. You can play with us too" I say, squeezing his shoulders and jumping over the back of the couch. Then I see Dylan sitting by the window. Where the heck did he come from? Has he been here this whole time? This kid is weird.

"DYLAN!" Ohhhh yeeaaahhhh" I say, rushing over to him and pulling him to standing. He's looking at me like I'm crazy. Well, I am. I'm completely immature for my age but I couldn't care less. The moment you become mature, you're old and boring.

"Now there's four. TRACE!!!!! LUKE!!!!! YOU BOZO'S HERE?!?!?" I scream up the stairs.

"Liam, if you scream again I'm gonna spank you" mom threatens. She's irritable today. Normally she finds my charm cute. Today, she's finding it annoying.

"But momma, I'm bored. I wanna' play basketball" I pout.

"Oh that sounds fun, I'm in!" Mason says eagerly.

"Me too!!!" Taylor says with a chuckle.

We look at Dylan, standing there awkwardly.

"Come on, Dylan. Taylor cheats and we need you to help him stay honest" I say seriously.

"Liam Alexander, I'm sick of having this conversation. It's not cheating, it's skill" Taylor says, crossing his arms.

"Uh huh" I say, rolling my eyes.

"LUUUKKKEEEE TTTRRRAAACCCEEE" I yell up the stairs again.

Mom comes up behind me and smacks me on the butt. Hard. It actually stings a little bit.

"Ouch!!! Mother!!!" I complain, glaring at her.

"I warned you, young man. Quit screaming" she glares at me.

I look at Mason. "Remember when I was trying to decide, when doing the frog prank, if an adult can be spanked? Apparently we can be" I say, keeping my face irritated.