~133~ Another Twist In The Road

Ok, I lied. Got some time this afternoon, so I got one done. Here's your bonus for today ❤️

Ellie's POV

Jake is coming over for dinner tonight. Justin called this morning and said that he is getting on a plane and is going to be here late this afternoon. It's weird.

So, like the chicken that I am, I called my big brother to protect me.

"Ellie, he asked to see you. Why the hell do I have to be there? He's your twin, you get to take charge of him," he says angrily on the phone.

"Well that's not very nice. I didn't choose to have a twin brother. I always wanted a sister and got stuck with you two bozos."

"Hey now, don't get nasty. The amount of Botox Justin has gotten probably qualifies him as a girl by now."

I snort. "If he gets anymore, we're not going to be able to tell if he's laughing or surprised."

Jake actually laughs out loud. "No kidding. But seriously, can I just skip?"

"Jacob Lee Freeman, if you do not come to dinner tonight, you and I are going to be in a fight."

"Why do you have to full-name me? I hate that so damn much."

"I'll do it again if you don't agree."

"Fine, I'll agree. Dang. It makes me feel like I'm a kid again and dad is about to give me the belt."

"You don't come to dinner tonight, and I'll make sure I grab Taylor's belt and hunt you down."

I can hear Jake loudly sigh over the phone. "Fine. I want a cheesecake, and if there's even an ounce of tofu on that table, I'm leaving."

"Deal."

"See you in a bit, ya tiny little dictator," he says as he hangs up the phone.

I chuckle. It's so nice having Jake on my side. It was so lonely when I always thought it was my brothers and dad leaving me out.

I run to Lilah's and get some cream cheese for Jake's stupid cheesecake. "Any idea what Justin wants?" She asks as she roots in her fridge.

"No, but it's Justin. It can't be good," I pout.

She hands me the cream cheese.

"You wouldn't happen to have cherries, would you? If not, he can just deal with a plain one."

"I might, hang on," she says as she goes to her pantry.

"Lilah Marie, are you giving away my cherries?" Alex asks, kissing my head as he comes in the room.

"Oh no, those cherries are all mine. She can have these, though," she smirks as she hands me a can.

"I think they're bigger than cherries. That was rude," Alex says darkly.

"And on that note, I'm leaving before you two get gross."

"Good luck with Justin," Alex chuckles as I head for the door.

"You could come to dinner and protect me," I pout, stopping at the door.

"Oh no. Now that I don't have to be near him, I ain't gonna be." He smirks.

"Chicken"

"Yup" he laughs as he throws a plastic cup at me. I shut the door before it smacks me in the face.

About an hour before Justin is supposed to be here, Taylor starts pouting.

"Ellie, can't we just tell him we moved already? I hate how he drops in, causes mayhem, and then leaves," he spits, plopping down on a barstool and scowling.