~37~ Better Together

Ok, guys. I'm doing something I have never done before. I am posting a music video through YouTube here. EEEK!!

I wanted to put this chapter off for longer, but I've been thinking about it nonstop, so I decided it's time. Thank you to NiteFuriosa for encouraging this piece. Hopefully it comes out how I'm envisioning.

Please listen to the song, as well as hear the piano in the background. Just imagine it isn't Luke Combs singing; it's Ellie singing and playing the piano ❤️

I will put "start song" when I'm ready for you to start it in the chapter. When I tried it, it felt like I was in the room with them.I hope you enjoy, and it makes you feel how I was feeling!

Taylor's POV

Josie has been playing the piano non stop lately.
So much, that Mason came up to me and apologized the other day.

"I'm sorry. I don't have the heart to tell her to take a break."

"Don't you dare" I say, appalled. "I love it more than I can even tell you."

I honestly wish Ellie would play it again. She hasn't since the day Alex brought it over. So I just focus on Josie playing. My hope is that Ellie will hear it enough to want to do it too. So far that's not the case.

Today Josie is playing and I go over and sit down on the bench next to her. I never knew how much this house needed music. It needed this piano. It's brought life that I didn't know existed. I'm not musically inclined, and neither are the boys. Sasha is, but I didn't know that until a few years ago. I have no idea about Emma. It's just been this thing that you don't talk about. You don't breathe a word about. It's liberating to allow it to seep into these walls and soak into the pours of the home.

Josie glances up at me, and smiles, but continues playing.

"What song is this?" I ask her, kissing her head. She doesn't flinch from my touch. That is another liberating feeling.

"Hallelujah" she says simply, letting the notes flow effortlessly. Suddenly she stumbles, and stops playing, letting out a frustrated sigh.

"What's wrong?"

She shakes her head in disgust. "I can't remember how to transition to the next chord. I don't have the music sheet anymore."

I nod. "Did you ask Ellie? Maybe she knows the song."

Josie shakes her head. "No. I'm too afraid to"

I nod as I squeeze her hand and stand up, going into the kitchen.

"Ellie Jane, can you come help, darling?" I ask, giving her a kiss.

"Sure stud. What's up?"

"Josie is getting frustrated with that song she's trying to play."

"Hallelujah?"

I inwardly smile. She does know it. "Yeah. Any chance you know how to play it?"

She just shrugs. She knows how to play it but she doesn't want to help her.

"Will you please help her, darling? She's really getting upset"

Ellie nod and rolls her eyes. "I'll see if I can remember" she says as she goes into the foyer.

"What's wrong, pretty girl?" She asks, sitting next to her on the bench.

"I can't get the transition. I don't remember it."

Ellie nods "Can I play it through first to see if I even remember?"

Josie's eyes light up as she nods and scoots over more so Ellie is in the middle of the piano.