~187~ I Would Have Taught You!!!

Ellie's POV

Taylor storms off and we're all quiet for a moment.

I pull Nolan into me, and he just rests his head on my shoulder. He's not crying. I'm completely positive it's because everyone is around. I'm almost sure that he's upset enough, he'd be crying if it was just us.

After a moment I pull away and look at him hard. "Are you ok?"

He nods.

I walk up to the lifeguards. "Does anybody have a stethoscope here?"

The lifeguard nods. "We do in the medical office. Want someone to check him over?"

"No, I want to do it myself. Can you get me a stethoscope please?"

"Sure," one of the girls says as she leaves.

A few minutes later she comes back with one.

I check his lung sounds, to make sure his lungs are clear of water. Secondary drowning is a real thing.

After a minute, I'm comfortable with his breathing. He's going to be fine.

I smile as I hand the stethoscope back to the lifeguard. "Thanks"

I turn back to Nolan. "Throat hurt?"

He just nods.

"Chest sore?"

Again, he only nods.

"You're lucky. You could be dead right now," I snap.

He looks down and sniffs.

"K. Let's go back to the house. Think it's ok, Wes?"

Wes shrugs. "I'll come back with you in case. Taylor and I can walk the beach or something."

We walk back in silence. Nolan is saying absolutely nothing, and Wes is still rattled. We almost lost him.

We get in and Taylor is no where to be found.

"Go take a shower and get changed, Nolan."

Nolan nods and goes upstairs.

I look at Wes and start crying. He pulls me into a hug and lets me cry. We're both in our swimsuits, but I'm so upset that I don't even care. I just cry into his bare chest. I almost lost my son....Again.

He strokes my still damp hair, and kisses my head. "He's alive, Ellie. Don't let your mind go to the what-ifs. He's alive and taking a shower."

I pull away and stare at him hard.

"And if he was yours?"

He shakes his head angrily, and sighs. "I would have marched him home, pulled down his trunks, and given him the spanking of a lifetime."

"I'm sure Taylor will when he gets back," I sniff, wiping my eyes.

"Pull down his trunks?" He smirks.

I laugh. "Only you do that, friend. Maybe you should come over to our side since Izzy is a teenager."

He nods. "I have"

"What?"

"Yeah, I couldn't stomach spanking her bare. It was different with Trace. I haven't told Trace that though. Heaven forbid I don't keep things fair."

"Gotta admit I'm relieved. That really bothered me and Taylor."

He nods. "Well, I still spank her in her underwear. I know that's still frowned upon with the Preston's."