Susceptibility

Chapter 93:

Relations are strong yet sensitive if you try to tighten the grip, the thread will break.

Avni was standing at the door, looking at Neil who was lost in his thought, Avni slowly went to him and sat beside him on the couch but Neil was still lost, Avni kept the hand on Neil's shoulder then he came back to reality and turned his face to Avni they look at each other suddenly  Neil hugged Avni and cries, Avni hugged him back and looked at him confusingly.

Avni: Neil?

Neil: marry me, please.

Avni was surprised and felt bad for him.

Neil: please, please marry me, do me this favour, please!

Avni: ssshhhh... Relax, calm down and tell me what happened?

Avni tried to break the hug but Neil tightens the grip on her shoulder, Neil is afraid that he will lose Avni if Maya will come back, Avni looks at him.

Avni: at least tell me what happened?

Neil: promise me you will not leave me, will not go away from me.

Avni: ok, now tell me.

Neil: no, promise me that you will not leave me and marry me I want to marry you as soon as possible.

Avni holds Neil's shoulders to break the hug and said.

Avni: Neil, Neil listen to me.

Avni breaks the hug and her heart pinched to see Neil's teary eyes she cups his face.

Avni: tell me what happened? What doctor said?

Neil looks at her he gaps.

Neil: Maya, Maya is recovering.

Avni: so that's the good thing, we all want it, right?

Neil looks at her and was surprised at her statement he thinks and he lost his sense.

Neil: I, I am calling mom, and asks them to come back, I want to marry you as soon as possible.

Avni shocked.

Avni: Neil, listen to me.

Neil: no, I don't trust you, I am sorry but I can't trust you in this, I am sorry, but I can't we will marry this week and that's final.

Neil searched for his phone in the pocket he gets up and takes out the phone from his jeans pocket, Avni gets up and Neil tried to call Shweta but his hands were shaking.

Avni: Neil, listen to me.

Neil: I will, but first let me call mom so they will come back soon.

Avni: Neil, Neil listen.

Neil was finding Shweta's number and his hands were shaking, Avni saw that and her heart was sinking to see Neil's condition.

Avni: Neil, first listen to me.

But Neil didn't listen he wipes his sweat and was not getting Shweta's number because he panicked, Avni snatched the phone from him in anger because he was not listening to her, Neil looked at her.

Avni: we will marry, just calm down.

Neil looks at her, Avni keeps the phone on the table and cups Neil's face.

Avni: calm down, I promise I will not go away from you, I will live with you forever, till my last breath.

Neil looks at her sadly.

Avni: calm down and sit.

Avni makes Neil sit and she sits beside him Neil keeps his head on Avni's lap and look at her.

Neil: promise, you will not go anywhere?

Avni kisses his forehead.

Avni: I promise, now sleep.

Avni caresses his hairs, Neil close his eyes and soon he sleeps, Avni thinks she looks at Neil then on the phone, Avni thinks something.

After some time, Neil wakes up and frown to see the surrounding as he was sleeping on the couch, he thinks, get up and looks around for Avni then she enters with the tray of food, she smiles to see Neil who was looking at her.

Avni: you awake I was coming to wake up you.

Neil is looking at her, Avni comes and keeps the tray on the table.

Avni: go, get fresh and come fast then we will have lunch, I am very hungry, already we are late.

Neil saw the time in his watch and saw 3:30 pm.

Neil: 3:30! Why you didn't wake up me.

Avni pulls his cheek and said: because you were looking sooo cute while sleeping so, my heart prohibit me from waking you up.

Neil smiles.

Avni: now go fast, I am very hungry, horses are playing marathon in my stomach.

Neil smiles.

Neil: ok, two minutes.

Neil gets up and is going to freshen up, but Avni's normal behaviour make him confuse he knows she is best at hiding her emotions and that thing put the seeds of insecurity in his heart he was going he turns back and saw Avni is setting the food on the table, he thinks.

After some time, Neil comes back and sits, Avni smiles to see him.

Avni: today, I prepared your favourite dish, guess it?

Neil: the smell is saying it's rajma chawal.

Avni was surprised.

Avni: wow you guessed it.

Neil: well, you know how much I love that.

Avneil smiles.

Neil: ok, now don't waste the time you are hungry and this smell is taking the test of my patience.

Avni smiles.

Avneil have lunch, Avni feeds Neil, he smiles then Neil feeds her and they stole their time from the circumstances, Neil drinks the water and Avni drinks from the same glass which gain Neil's attention he knows she is doing this to make him feels good he smiles.

After lunch.

Avni: I am coming after keeping them in the kitchen.

Neil: ok.

Avni went, Neil thinks he picks his phone and dials the number.

Neil: Hello, mom?

On the other side, Avni kept the vessels on the slab in the kitchen and thinks she smiled but her smile had not that magic, it was showing the sorrow which she is trying to hide from Neil her smile turned into sadness.

Avni: don't know what will happen tomorrow, what the future is holding for us, what is our future, I just want to live these moments with the whole heart which are in our hands, I want to make uncountable memories with you Neil which I can cherish my whole life.

Avni's eyes filled with tears she sighs and didn't let the tears fall, she wipes her unshed tears and wears a smiles so Neil will not get doubted.

Secret Admirer जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें