Scared

Jessica then walked inside and grabbed her mask from her purse.  She put it on and walked into the living room.

"Why are you wearing that inside?" Noah asks.

"Y'all come sit. Gabby! Emerson and Willow, come in here please."

"What's wrong?" Gabriella walks in.

"Your father called me.."

"And?" Emerson asks.

Jessica takes a deep breath and says, "Daddy has covid."

"What?! My daddy?!" Willow shouts. "Oh no I'm so scared!"

"He's gonna be alright, sweetheart."

"But what if he's not?"

"He will be, I promise."

"Why are you wearing your mask in the house? Are you sick too?"

"I have to get tested since I was around him"

"Shouldn't we all get tested?" Anastasia asks. "We've all been around him."

"Mommy I don't wanna get tested!" Emerson starts crying.

"Baby, it's okay. You're a strong boy, you'll be fine, love."

"It's scary.."

"You're okay."

"Can I hold you?"

Jessica smiles. "I would love to hold you bubba, but what if I have it too?"

"This is unbelievable!" Emerson grabs his head.

Jessica chuckles softly.
"I'm going to make an appointment for myself and the twins."

"What about us? Gabriella asks.

"You're grown."

"So? You're my mommy!"

"Okay.  Well who's all getting tested?"

"I want all my kids tested." Isaiah says.

"The babies?" Jessica pouts. "Aw they're gonna cry!"

"Tough. We've gotta know."

"I know.. poor things.  I'll make an appointment for everyone.  So that's.. one, two, three..." Jessica mumbles as she counts everyone in the house.. "Eighteen fucking people?!"

"Sounds about right!" Gabriella smiles.

"I'll help you, mom." Isaiah says.

"Thank you baby."

Gabriella rolls her eyes. "Isaiah, once again climb out of mom's ass. The air is so much better out here."

"Gabriella! Stop being gross!" Jessica makes a face. "He's trying to help me you brat!"

***

The next morning the Hustons went to get tested.
Jessica sighed as she drove the twins. Surely one of them had it. And if they did, what are the odds of all eighteen of them surviving it? Jessica felt a panic attack coming on so she just focused on the road and breathed in and out.

"Are you okay, mommy?" Emerson asks.

"Yes I'm fine, Emmy."

Tears filled Jessica's eyes as worry took over her entire body.

Jessica then mumbled under her breath.
"Damn you for this, Daniel Huston."

***
I don't think I'm ready to write a really sad covid storyline.  I want to eventually.  I know it can be a tough subject for people, so I will put a warning when I do decide to write that story.

Jessica's negative thoughts are the exact thoughts I had.  I knew my entire family had it and I was freaking out quietly.  I was like there and seven of us, someone is more than likely going to get really sick.  I hated those thoughts.  I hated that I was right in the end. 💔

I hope you all are having an amazing day.  I promise this sadness won't last forever.  This is my favorite feel good book, and I know it's that for a lot of you guys as well. 💙