Called it quits

Danny came in and looked around. The older kids didn't really know how to act.

Gabriella walked over and hugged her father.

"I'm glad you're okay, Daddy."

Danny smiles softly and hugs his daughter. "I'm just happy to be alive and to be back home."

Jessica rubs his back and looks to her other kids.

"Welcome home, dad." Noah says as he as he and Anastasia walk over to him. His daughter in laws and son in law also welcome him home.

Danny smiled softly and looked over to Isaiah who had yet to say a word. He stood there with his arms crossed.

"Hi son."

Isaiah doesn't respond. Instead he walks into the kitchen.

Danny sighs.

"HEY!" Willow shouts. "My daddy said Hi!"

"It's okay, Willow. I'll go talk to him."

"Do you want me to go with you?" Jessica asks.

"No it's okay. You stay here."

Danny walks into the kitchen and Isaiah is cleaning.

"Isaiah."

"Dad look, I'm glad you're okay. I didn't want you to die, but I'm still pretty pissed at you and I don't feel like talking right now."

"I love your mother, Isaiah."

Isaiah scoffs.

"You know I do. We've been together for over thirty years, she's given birth to my six kids—"

"And three of your grandchildren." Isaiah interrupts. "If you add up the amount of hours she was in labor it'd be like a week of unmedicated pain. Yet you felt the need to have sex with someone else."

Danny sighs. "I don't like what I've done to her, and I didn't mean to do it. Your mother knows I would never purposely hurt her, Isaiah. I'll never forgive myself, and I will spend the rest of my life sorry for what I have done."

"I just can't believe this.. Mom is over here taking care of your twins, cooking and cleaning for all of us older kids and our kids! And you're over there fucking around."

Danny didn't respond.

"I just want to be left alone. I could punch you right now, but that's not me. Please go."

Danny nods and leaves the room.

Jessica was listening the entire time. When Danny walked up to her she placed her hand on his arm and said, "He just needs some time. He'll be okay. I'm gonna talk to him."

"He has every right to be upset, and I wouldn't blame him if he never spoke to me again. I did something that was so terrible to a person who would never ever hurt me. Jessica, I'm so sorry."

"I forgave you, Daniel. Yes it was something I never imagined you could do, and it hurt me a lot.. but you've made me so happy. I was so depressed before I met you. I love you and I want to work through our problems."

Jessica then wipes the tears that rolled down Danny's cheeks.

"I love you so much."

Jessica smiles softly with tears in her eyes. She then leans in and kisses his lips.

Pulling away she places her forehead on Danny's and softly says, "I'm gonna talk to him."

"Okay.."

Jessica walks into the kitchen.
"Zaya.." She said in a calm tone.

"I'm sorry mom, but seeing him just made me even angrier."

"It's okay to be angry. He did a very bad thing.. but think of all the good things he's done."

"Mom.."

"I'm just saying, Isaiah. I love him. We've been through so much, and I almost lost him. I know what he did was wrong and disgusting, but I have been through so much with that man. We made a big beautiful family together.  We lost a few babies, we've lost parents, I had an eating disorder and he helped me through it.  He and I almost lost the girls just a day apart, but we held it together, and now they are thriving!  I had cancer and he was there through it all!  Isaiah, if we didn't love each other we would have called it quits years ago."

"I know, it's just.. you're my mom."

"I know I'm your momma and I'm your favorite." Jessica says making Isaiah crack a smile.

"I knew that him hurting me would possibly hurt you even more. I'm not saying to go out there and forgive him, but he is your father and nothing would hurt me more than seeing you two argue."

Isaiah takes a deep breath. "I get it.. Mom, I'll talk to him, it's just all too fresh."

"I understand. Believe me, I do.  And it's okay if you need time.  I just don't want this to ruin your relationship."

Isaiah wraps his arms around his mother and lays his head on hers.

Jessica giggles and rubs his back. "My big baby."