Welcome Home, Daddy

One week later.

"This tastes like shit!"

"Jessica Noelle! Mom, what have you been teaching my daughter?"

"Isaiah, I have not taught her anything! But she's right about the taste. Everything tastes like spoiled meat."

"Shit!" Jessie makes a face.

"Jessica, we do not say words like that. That is very very bad."

"Bad, Daddy?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Oh noooo!"

"Just don't say it again. You're a princess and princesses do not use those words, right?"

"Wight!"

"Thank you." Isaiah kisses her.

Jessica smiles at the sweet moment as Hunter walks in and shouts, "BULLSHIT!"

"That one wasn't me!" Jessica lifts her hands.

**

Later that evening.

Jessica received a phone call from the hospital.

"Hello? This is Mrs. Huston."

"Hello, Mrs. Huston. I am just calling about the release of your husband."

"The release?" Jessica smiles.

"Yes ma'am. He's free to go tomorrow morning. I'll be sending him home with special care instructions."

"Oh wow!  Okay.."

"Of course since your husband suffered a mild heart attack-"

"Excuse me, what?"

"A mild heart attack. Surely you were informed."

"I certainly was not!"

"I apologize, ma'am. He's doing okay. We just have to keep an eye on his heart."

Jessica sighed and ran her hand through her hair.  She then listened to the care instructions.

"Alright. Well I'll be there early tomorrow to pick him up.  Thank you."

Jessica hung up and sat down. "Oh Daniel.." She sighed.

***

The next morning.

"Willow and Emerson, come sit with mommy."

"What's wrong? Is it Daddy?" Willow asks.  She was so worried for her father.

"Yes but it's nothing bad!"

"Good!"

"So.. I'm going to leave right now to go get daddy and bring him home.."

"What!" Both shout.

"No more fighting?" Emerson asks.

"No one is perfect, and daddy and I will get into little.. discussions here and there. But I love him and he loves me, and we are going to work on our marriage. But the important thing is, is that Daddy is doing better. He still has a little ways to go, but he's getting there! And we're gonna help him get there, right?"

"Yes momma." Willow says.

"I'll help daddy!" Emerson smiles.

"You two are such great kiddos.  I love my little babies.. who aren't so little anymore." Jessica pouts.