Counseling

Two weeks later.

Counseling.

"He hurt me.  He. . he slept with another woman, and I didn't think I could ever forgive him. . but then I almost lost him. . . and that. ." Jessica sniffles and clenches the crumbled tissue in her hands. "That made me realize I still love him. . and I don't want this to be over.  But how do I go on?  How do I make love to a man who was with another woman?  How do I give him that part of me?"

"Danny, how does what Jessica is saying make you feel?"

Danny stared down at the table and took a long pause. "It breaks my heart." Tears come to his eyes and he changes his focus. "I love this woman more than anything.  I would give my life for her in a second.  What happened was a drunken mistake.  Not that that makes it any easier to deal with, or makes it less wrong.  I told her I'll fight.  I'll do whatever it takes because I want to earn her trust back.  I want to go back to the way we were before.  We may have been married for thirty plus years, but we couldn't keep our hands off of each other!  We have six kids as proof!"

"Danny!"

"Sorry.  It kills me that she doesn't feel comfortable with me anymore.  I want to touch her.  I want to make love to her.  I want her to feel safe again."

Jessica turned her head as tears rolled down her face.  She wanted all of that as well.  Jessica wondered if they would ever get back to that again.

**

Meanwhile at the house.

"I not eating, daddy." Jessie nods her head.

"And why not?"

"Cause me not like."

"Why?  I made it just like mommy!"

"No didn't!" She makes a face.

"Okay.  Fine." Isaiah sighs. "Well mom is at work.  Could I get you anything else?  Since I can't make a grilled cheese as perfect as mommy."

"You make me gwammas nana bwead." Jessie smiles.

"Grandma hasn't given daddy that recipe."

"Ugh!" Jessie makes a face and kicks her legs.

"Jessie's bad." Harvey says calmly eating his food.

"Yeeeeaahh!  Her a baby!" Hunter says.

"NO!  Sut up!"

"Jessica!" Isaiah says.

"NO!"

"Don't say that!  And boys, be nice."

"Want gwamma!" Jessie's eyes water and her bottom lip quivers.

"She and grandpa are busy."

"They're at counseling because mommy is mad at daddy." Emerson says.

"Don't repeat that, Em."

"To who?  We don't leave the house!"

"Still.  They'll be alright.  And they'll be home soon, and I'm positive if you ask grandma to make you banana bread she will certainly do it."

"Cause I her baby girl?" Jessie smiles.

"Yes you spoiled brat."

"Heyyy!" She pouts. "Sut up!"

"Jessica Noelle!"

"Dat my name!" She smiles.

Isaiah laughs and grabs his cheeks. "My mother gave birth to herself!  You are literally my mom in a baby body."