His Wife

Isaiah ran in to find his mother on the ground.

"Mom!"

"Is she dead?!" Willow asks.

"No Willow. Hey Lo, be brother's big helper and take Jessie to the other room. I'll take care of mommy."

"Okay. Come on, Jessie. My brother is a good doctor so he can help my mommy!"

Isaiah checked to see if she was breathing, and thank God she was.

"Oh thank you." He sighs. He then laid Jessica on her back and spoke to her.

"Momma. It's Isaiah.. you're gonna be okay."

Soon Jessica's eyes began to open.

"Hey.. you're okay. Just stay calm. You fainted."

"Zaya, your father.."

"Don't worry about him, Momma."

"No, listen.. Isaiah, he's in the hospital."

"What?"

"He's on a ventilator. Oh Isaiah, I hate him but I love that stupid jackass, and I don't want him to die!"

"What! Well momma, he's gonna be okay." Isaiah remained calm for his mother.

"I'm so scared! What if he doesn't make it?"

"He will make it, ma. Dad isn't like the others. He's gonna be alright."

Jessica let out a sob. "I just don't want to lose him. The twins are still little. I want them to have him around. I know he messed up, but I can't imagine my life without that big jerk."

"I know." Isaiah held her in his arms.

Suddenly reality sunk in and Jessica gasped. "Isaiah! You shouldn't be in here!"

"I have long sleeves, two masks, and gloves on."

"Still. I don't want you getting this. Go, I'll be okay. I just fainted from the shock of everything."

"No, I'm not leaving. I brought my things, I wanna check you out."

"What are you gonna do to me?"

"Just check your oxygen and listen to your lungs."

"Can you do that?"

"Really mom?"

"Sorry!"

"You didn't question when I delivered the three little babies that flew out of you."

"None of them flew out, Isaiah. Each one took their time getting out, especially that little girl in there."

"Yeah but they're so cute!"

"They are cute. And I do think I questioned it a little, Isaiah. I just didn't have another choice but to have you deliver my little babies.  You weren't my first choice, you know?"

"Hey but I did great!  I didn't puke at all looking at you."

Jessica gives him a look and playfully hits his arm.

"Stop!" Isaiah laughs. "I was really great!"

"Yes you were. I did nothing that day, it was all you!"

Isaiah laughs and helps Jessica stand. "Come sit down. I'll bring your food over. You need to relax. Don't worry about the girls, I've got them."

"Okay. Just be carful Please."

"I will, momma."

"I mean it, Isaiah James!"

"I know!" He laughs. "I'm protected!"

Jessica scoffs. "That's what I've said before.. but nine months later there your were!"

"Oh gross, Mom!"

Jessica laughs and relaxes onto the couch.

***

Jessica told the rest of the kids about Danny and they were all shocked. The affair aside, this is their father, and they don't want anything bad to happen to him.

After Jessica's little scare she was totally fine.

A few days have past. Jessica has been calling the hospital like a mad woman. She wanted constant updates on Danny.

Sarah called Jessica to check on him multiple times a day.

"So he's doing better? That's great, Jess!"

"I know. I just want him home so I can kill him myself."

"Oh gosh, Jessica!" Sarah laughs.

"He did me wrong, Sarah. Just because this happened does Not mean he's being let off the hook."

"Oh I know! I know you, Jessica Lange, and I've known you for quite a while. You're going to make the rest of his life hell."

"Damn right!"

"But.. I do have a question."

"What?"

"Will you make his life a living hell as his wife? Or will you do it as his ex wife?"

Jessica takes a deep breath and pauses for a moment.