Scared

"What do you mean?  An accident?  Is she okay?"

"I don't know, dad-"

"What the hell do you mean you don't know?"

"I DON'T KNOW!  Just get to the hospital!"

Danny hangs up and immediately starts gathering his things and the kids.

"Daddy, what's wrong with mommy?"

"Mommy had a little accident, so we have to go to the hospital.  Come on, get your things, bud."

"The hospital?" Willow gasps. "Is she having my baby sister?!"

"No Lo, come on!"

The drive to the hospital felt like an eternity.  Danny didn't know a single thing about Jessica or her condition.  He just prayed and prayed she would be okay.

**

When Danny arrived he saw his four older children waiting for him.  They all seemed okay except for Isaiah.  He paced the waiting room with his hands in a prayer position under his chin.  Didn't look up to anyone.  His mind was with his mother.

"What happened?  Is she okay?"

"Where's mommy?!" Willow runs to Noah.

"IS SHE DEAD?!" Emerson shouts.

"No Emerson, she's not.  Go sit with Kenny, okay?"

"What. Happened?" Danny asks once again.

"She was a light and a car rammed her.  She hit her head.  She's out now and they're still running tests." Noah says calmly.

"Fuck!  Why didn't I go with her?"

"Stop dad.  Then you both would be in there."

"I deserve it, she doesn't.  We shouldn't have gone to the park."

"Dad, the back seat of mom's car was totally bashed in.. if you had Emi and Willow then-"

"Don't say it, Gabriella!  Dammit this is crazy.  What the hell?"

"She'll be okay, dad." Noah says.

"I hope so." Danny then looks over to Isaiah. "Is he okay?"

"No.  You know how he is with mom."

"Momma's boy.  I'll talk to him."

"I wouldn't he's mean right now."

"He's just scared, Gabby.  Go talk to him, daddy." Anastasia says.

Danny then walks to his oldest son and places his hand on his back. "Zay."

"I don't want to talk to you right now, dad."

"She'll be okay."

"How do you know?"

"Because it's mom!  We couldn't do anything without her."

"I don't feel like hearing this, dad.  Just leave me alone, please."

Danny sighs and leaves his son.

***

One hour later.

"Huston Family?"

Danny, the kids, and Kenley stood all stood up.  They took up half the waiting room.

"I'm her husband.  Is she okay?" Danny rushes over.

"Mr. Huston, your wife suffered a minor concussion.  she'll be okay but things will be a bit foggy for a while."

"She'll be okay?"

"Yes sir, she'll be fine."

Danny finally let his tears fall. "She'll be okay."

"Yes."

"Oh thank God!  Thank you so much.  Can I see her?"

"Yes but we only allow one person a day to visit due to covid restrictions.  What is this, half the neighborhood?"

Danny chuckles and says, "No sir, these are all our children, and that lovely young lady is our daughter in law."

Kelley smiles and squeezes Noah's hand.

"Wow!  Well she'll be happy to know everyone came to make sure she was okay."

"Yes she will be."

**

Danny walked in and saw Jessica laying there looking out the window.

"Jessie."

Jessica slowly turns to him with a pained look on her face.

"Hi beautiful."

Jessica makes a face and faces the window once again.

Danny walked over and took her hand. "I'm so happy to see you."

"I don't want you here."

"Why, love?"

"I'm still mad at you."

"Is this about not bringing you ice cream?  Because babydoll, I swear we were gonna-"

"Do not call me babydoll!"

"I'm sorry."

"Jesus Danny, I know we've gone back and forth but you cheated on me and-"

"Excuse me.. What?"

"You Cheated On Me."

"Woah!  Jessica, what are you talking about?"

"Shut up, Danny, I'm not in the mood."

"Honey, you hit your head it's normal for you to be a little out of it and confused.  Why don't we just sit here? Okay? We don't have to talk."

"I am not confused."

"Jessica Lange, I swear to you I never cheated on you."

"When you went to California and made that movie with-"

"The one my sister was in as well?  The trip that I went on and stayed with my sister?  You think I cheated on you in the same house my sister was in and she wouldn't have killed me?"

"Danny, stop."

"Jessica, I'm serious!  Let's call the kids, I swear to you, baby!"

"Wait.. that wasn't real?"

"Are you crazy?"

"Did we get covid?  Were you in the hospital?"

"That was real, but me cheating on you?  Never in a million years!  Dammit, you think Isaiah would have let me live after cheating on his precious mother?"

"So we're not broken?  We.. we're us?  Nothing ever happened?"

"No honey!  I mean we're not perfect, but cheating?  That's crazy talk!"

"Did I kiss Evan on the lips and slip him the tongue?"

"You better fucking not have."

Jessica places her hand on her head and chuckles. "Oh Danny, I'm so sorry!"

"Don't apologize." Danny takes her hand and sits on the bed. "I love you and I would never do anything to hurt you."

Jessica smiles softly. "That's what I thought." She giggles. "I couldn't believe you would do that to me.  ME!  I'm a fucking blessing to you, asshole!"

"Damn right you are, baby!"

Jessica smiles. "Fucking kiss me, Huston."

"I want to do a whole lot more to you, Lange." Danny says in a gravely voice as he leans in and kisses her passionately.

*** I couldn't do it, you guys!  I take everything back!  The world is sad and cruel, and so fucking unfair.  This story needs to be the opposite of all that.

Danny would never ever her his babydoll🖤