Mommy

It is a beautiful sunny day and Danny decided to take the twins to the park to get out of the house for a while.

"Daddy, why didn't mommy come with us?"

"Mommy is grocery shopping LoLo.  We'll come back another day with her.  Promise."

Emerson smiles and says, "I love mommy."

"So do I!" Danny chuckles. 

"Yeah I think mommy is the best grown up in the house." Willow says.

"Wow that hurt."

She giggles and sits on his lap. "I mean I think you're awesome too, daddy!"

"Thanks!  Well guess what."

"What?"

"You're not my favorite set of multiples in the house."

"HEYYYY!" She laughs.

"Just kidding!  You and Emmy are my favorite seven year olds ever."

"Ever?"

"EVER!"

"WOAH!  Daddy, you know a lot of seven year olds!"

"Not really." Danny chuckles. But you're my favorite ones.  Cross my heart."

"Can we feed the ducks?" Willow's little mind wanders to the next thing.

"I'm scared of the ducks." Emerson adds.

"I'll hold your hand, Emi.  You don't have to be scared." Willow smiles.

"You two are so sweet to each other." Danny says before taking a sip of water.

"Yeah.. Daddy, can we have a baby sister?"

Danny starts choking on his water. "Why the hell would you want that?"

"Well because the girl on my movie had a baby sister and she was cute and she wore dresses!  And she got to boss her around."

"You have your niece and nephews for that, Willow.  Mommy and I are not having anymore babies."

"Why?"

"We can't have anymore."

"Why not?"

"Because Mommy made daddy.. take care of it to make sure we don't have any more."

"How does that work?"

"Willow."

"What does that mean, daddy?"

"Mommy and I are done.  We will not be having anymore babies.  Your mommy has had a lot!"

"She can have one more baby sister!" Willow shrugs like it's no big deal.

"Yeah I don't think so, Bub.  You're our baby girl of the family, and Emi is our baby boy of the family."

"Yeah, I do not want anymore babies in my house!" Emerson says making Danny laugh.

"When will all the babies move out?  I don't want Zaya, Emily and the babies there.  I don't want Ana and EVERYBODY else there!  Is covid over so they can move out?"

Danny chuckles and sits him on his other leg. "Emi.. I've come to accept that.. they're moving out."

"Oh boy!" Emerson rolls his eyes.

"Yeah Same!"

The three played and played before taking a break to get ice cream.

"Can we take some home for momma?" Emerson asks.

"Sure.." Danny says messing with his phone.  He had called Jessica three times already but hasn't gotten an answer.

"Her likes strawberry the most!" Willow smiles, chocolate ice cream all over her shirt and face.

"Yeah she does.  We'll bring her some." Just then Danny's phone rings.

"Hey Noah.  Is your mom home yet?"

"Uh Dad.. I gotta tell you something."