I promise

Panting so heavy, their breath fogged up the car windows.

Jessica laid her naked body over Danny's as she caught her breath.

"Well we definitely skipped some steps with that." Danny says.  Jessica sniffles in response.

"You okay?"

She sniffles once again. "I just hate you so much."

"Forward five steps, back ten." He says rubbing her bare back.

Jessica sits up and looks him in the eyes. "If someone would have told me just a few months ago that my husband, Daniel Huston.. The one every woman thought was the perfect spouse.. THAT Daniel Huston!  If someone told me he would cheat on me... Heh!  I wouldn't have believe them.  You, out of every single person in the world.. You were the last person I would have ever thought would have hurt me."

"Baby-"

"I know you were drunk and deep down in my heart I know you didn't do it on purpose, but Fuck!  I just can't believe it.  That someone I loved so much and gave my entire life too would hurt me so much."

"Jessica, I hate myself for doing this to you.  I'll never forgive myself.  I know you'll never fully trust me again, but I promise to spend the rest of my life loving on the girl I fell in love with over thirty years ago by the cake table."

Tears rolling down her face, Jessica turns to her husband.
Danny gently brushes his thumb against her cheek. "You are the reason my life is so beautiful. Nothing.. I would have nothing without you.
... literally, you gave birth to fifty kids!"

Jessica chuckled softly through her tears.
Danny wiped her cheek then took his shirt and dabbed under her nose.

"Danny, that's gross." Jessica groaned and turned her head.

"I have your juices all over me, Jessica."

Jessica's cheeks blush and she buries her face in her hands.

"I love you, baby. I can't say it enough. And if you need time away from me.. I'm not really sure where to go since we're in the middle of a pandemic, but I-"

"No."

"Huh?"

"I don't want you to go anywhere. My head is just so fucked up right now.. I don't want you to hurt me again."

"I promise you. I swear on our kids."

"I don't like that, Danny. What if you're ly-"

"I'm not!
.. I swear on your last pack of Ding Dongs."

Jessica laughs and hits his arm.
Danny takes her hand and laces his fingers with hers. He kisses the back of her hand and she sighs.

"If you ever hurt me like this again.. I will make sure you never have sex again. I will chop it off, do you understand me, Huston?"

Danny holds his hand up. "Understood, Lange."

"Good." Jessica grabs his face and pulls him towards her. Mumbling into his mouth, she says, "Once more before we enter Pee-Wee's Playhouse."

***

Hi.. it's me🥹 It's almost been a year since I last updated this story, and I apologize.
My mental health is....🙃🙃🙃 This being the first holiday season without my Dad is a lot. My family and I are just taking it day by day, but it's honestly so difficult and I'm not sure how to handle all of the emotions.

I hope your life is beautiful, and I hope your holiday season is amazing.

🖤 Erica.