J Bird

4:30 am.

"Things are getting pretty intense. Maybe it's time you check her." Emily says.

"Oh I don't know. She'll let me know when she needs to push." Isaiah responds.

"I just feel like if she knows that'll re-energize her a bit."

"What if she isn't dilated much at all? That'll only make her feel worse."

"What are you doing? Is this because you're weirded out to look at your mom like that? Isaiah, we don't have a choice! None of us have any way of getting out or getting help. You are the only one that knows what they're doing. Man up and stop it!"

"I know that, Emily. But she's my mom! It's yucky." Isaiah makes a face.

"AHHH!" They hear Jessica scream in the hall.

"Do it!" Emily says.

"Fine!
.. Mommy?" Isaiah says in a low voice.

"What?"

"Do you want to come in so I can check you?"

"Yeah.. I'm sorry, Zaya."

"For what?"

"I know this is weird. I should have said something when I first started having pains. I could have at least made it to a hospital."

"No mom, it's okay! Really.."

Jessica wipes her cheeks and slowly walks into the bedroom. She sat on the bed and hitched up her nightgown as she spread her legs.

Jessica laid her head back and took a deep breath.

"You're doing really well, mom.  Six centimeters!"

"Oh thank God!  Okay, I can do this.  We're almost there!" Jessica smiles.

Isaiah smiles back and says, "Yeah!  You've got this."

**

Jessica is currently standing in front of Danny.
Her arms wrapped around him, her forehead pressed against his body as they swayed back and forth.  Jessica tried her best to stay as quiet as possible during her contractions, but the pain was becoming worse and worse.  She ended up moaning loudly and cursing with every pain.

The lights are still out and the rain is not letting up.
None of the adults in the house can sleep.
Between Jessica and the babies, to the hurricane, everyone is extremely worried.

"Ana?  Ana?" Gabriella says walking through the hall.

She then looks downstairs and sees her.

"Anastasia, what are you doing down there?!  It's dangerous!"

"I'm fine, Gabby!"

"What are you taking?"

"Nothing."

"No!  What is it?" Gabriella meets her halfway on the stairs and wanks her purse away.

"OxyContin? Ana, I thought you stopped taking these!"

"I only take them when I need them, Gabriella."

"Why do you need them?"

"My.. my-"

"Your What?! Why are you taking these?!" Gabriella shouts.

"Because I need them, Gabby! Now give them to me and I won't do anything."

"What? What exactly would you do, Anastasia?"

"Gabriella, Please."

"Don't do this, Ana." Gabriella nods.