First Birthdays

The next morning.

The entire family met at the market square for breakfast.

"So did you guys have fun last night?" Kenley asks.

"Yeah, it was a lot of fun watching the boys get scared!" Jessica laughs.

"They were a bunch of sissy's!" Danny says.

"Oh yeah, and you were the ring leader of the sissy's!" Jessica rolls her eyes.

"What?!"

"You were terrified!  Your heart was just pounding when you asked me for a hug." She laughs.

"Yeah cause I thought you were scared!"

"Oh please!"

The girls laugh and Gabriella says, "It was a lot of fun!"

"That is until our little parking lot party at ONE AM!" Jessica slightly raises her voice.

"Hey, I made some friends while waiting!  It wasn't bad." Danny chuckles.

***

Halloween.

"Look at my two little munchkins! Oh Danny, get their picture!"

"Look at daddy, You two!" Danny says holding his phone up.

"Dada!" Emerson shouts as Danny snaps the picture.

"Aw that's such a cute picture!  Just last year you two were in Mommy's tummy!  I was thing 1, and you guys were thing 2 and 3!  Now look at you!  You're both here!"

"Aw that's such a cute picture! Just last year you two were in Mommy's tummy! I was thing 1, and you guys were thing 2 and 3! Now look at you! You're both here!"

"Mama!" Willow kicks her legs and swings her arms with excitement.

"Hi pretty girl!" Jessica smiles.

"It's hard to believe they were both inside of you, isn't it?" Danny asks.

"I know! Look at these big ol' babies! Inside my teeny little body! That's crazy!"

Danny huffs. "It wasn't so teeny last year!"

"I was stretched to the max!" She chuckles.

"Mhm! I thought you were gonna explode!

"Daniel!" Jessica laughs and nudges him playfully.

"But you were so cute with a big round belly.. I miss it.."

Danny turns to her. Jessica smiles softly then looks down.

"You're always beautiful.. but you have something extra special about you when you're pregnant."

"Aw Danny.." Jessica's smile grows as she moves in for a kiss.